Thread: Monit ???

Monit ???

Ok so I've been looking around and it appears that Monit will do what I want. I just want a script to check apache and in the event it is down restart it. The only problem is configuring Monit. I have installed it already and it is running. I would like to be able to login to the web interface to configure it but I can't seem to get that to work. Any suggestions? or Do you guys know of anything better?

Greetings:

We've been using monit for close to a year now without any major headaches.

Configuration is done on the server level (i.e. console, SSH).

Did you install the software per the documentation / instructions?

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

monit is a good option for local monitoring.

like dynamicnet said, the documentation should describe how to set up a simple monit.conf file.

I installed it per the directions and it is running but I can't connect to the webserver part of monit.

Another question... When you update the config file manually do you have to restart monit or does it automatically pick up the changes?

Greetings:

Per the documentation, you need to restart monit for it to pick up changes.

To connect to the Web server part, please make sure the port you are using in monit is open in your firewall.

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile

Thanks guys.... Well it looks like all I needed to do was restart it.... I thought I already did... Sometimes I can get really stupid at 3am.

Anyway...

I can connect to the webserver part of monit for monitoring but when I do and it is monitoring Apache the status is "Connection failed" it also says "connection failed to localhost:443 [HTTP via TCPSSL]" and "connection failed to mydomain [HTTP via TCP]"

Greetings:

You may want to consider joining the monit mailing list at http://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/monit-general

Thank you.
    ---
    Peter M. Abraham
    LinkedIn Profile