Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Highly Updated Host

hi ..im looking for some host,which is highly updated wit dot net technologies[frmwrk 3.5,IIS 7,SilverLight etc].

i like discountasp.net.bt as starter site,its very expensive and less value for money.

Now decided to go with ultimahosts.net.But sound reviews/feedback not found.Dont know how long they are in the business.Anybody hosted wit them

As a starter website,my initial reqs are very minimal.a 5-10 Gb BW is okei.Requires 200-250 web space,Must have support for all new Microsoft Technolgies like FR-3,FR-3.5,SL,IIS 7.0.SQL Server is also reqd,100 Mb is okei

what u guys say..is there any suggestions?
    Last edited by dits59; 11-22-2007 at 04:37 AM.

I would strongly recommend Discountasp. I have been with them for years now and I think the do offer the best value in Microsoft hosting for the money you pay. I have used ASP.NET hosts that offer hosting for $5/mo or less and they are pretty lousy.

Just make sure you work out the total cost of your hosting with MSSQL 2005 as some hosts don't include this in the price and then sting you for another $130. Also ask if they can do unlimited databases instead of just 1. Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima Hosts View Post
    Just make sure you work out the total cost of your hosting with MSSQL 2005 as some hosts don't include this in the price and then sting you for another $130. Also ask if they can do unlimited databases instead of just 1. Why not?
    ha i know..others will charge extra for MS-SQL..& so the reliability.
    And getting unlimited database seems to be bad?bcz this will create more load on the db server.

You just need to work out your needs in terms of disk space/bandwidth/databases/etc... You can then go ahead and search the host that 'best' fits your needs..

Thanks,
    ██ Softsys Hosting ██ - 8 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - No False Promises!

KVM Linux VPS - Windows VPS (USA, UK, Singapore) - IaaS Cloud VM's - Dedicated Servers - Affordable DDoS Protection

ULTIMA HOSTS is a high headed people with lousy support, I certainly raise a flag and DO NOT Recommend them

Quote Originally Posted by techboy View Post
    ULTIMA HOSTS is a high headed people with lousy support, I certainly raise a flag and DO NOT Recommend them
    Please explain?

techboy, what domain do/did you have hosted with them?
    Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines. - Robert H. Schuller

Bad Experience

I paid for a bad support experience with Ultima Hosts - not so good they do not like that any issues be raised; have attitude issues; I'd say high headed approach towards clients.

As a developer its crucial to have a good understanding of the hosting company and good liasion. I believe in good support with a smile no matter what kind of issue the client may ask - everything can be resolved anyway at the end.

And why I need to say which domains???

So we know that you really have experience with this host

If you don't want to post them here, you can contact the moderating staff on http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=4845389.

I paid for a bad support experience with Ultima Hosts - not so good they do not like that any issues be raised; have attitude issues; I'd say high headed approach towards clients.

As a developer its crucial to have a good understanding of the hosting company and good liasion. I believe in good support with a smile no matter what kind of issue the client may ask - everything can be resolved anyway at the end.

Are you still using our service by chance? I think I've worked out what this is all about.

Can you please provide more details on your support issues? ie ticket number etc?

I am glad to see you edited your original post I have a copy in my inbox.

You appear to know who it is from the original comment.

i recommend for liquidweb just check it out .. fantastic 100% uptime ...high configaration

Quote Originally Posted by shakir View Post
    i recommend for liquidweb just check it out .. fantastic 100% uptime ...high configaration
    Do they also provide Windows Shared Hosting?
    ██ Softsys Hosting ██ - 8 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - No False Promises!

KVM Linux VPS - Windows VPS (USA, UK, Singapore) - IaaS Cloud VM's - Dedicated Servers - Affordable DDoS Protection

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Related Posts from theWHIR.com