Thread: NAC.net

NAC.net

Who is the best person to contact about dedicates in NAC.net?
    Regards,
    Karen
    -----
    Reseller Accounts and Dedicated Servers

Well my biased opinion is www.Site5.com, biased only because I have shared and co-location accounts with them and receive excellent service from them, and from NAC.
    “Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under
    considerable economic stress at this period in history.”

Are you looking to go direct in NAC? Providers such as Site5 and Pwebtech are in NAC, and can provide better dedicated options. You can get Jay at Pwebtech at jason@pwebtech.com

Matt
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy

But are site5 or Pwebtech taking a profit off the servers? Wouldn't it be better to colo directly, than to go through a 3d party.
    Regards,
    Karen
    -----
    Reseller Accounts and Dedicated Servers

Originally posted by alohahosts
    But are site5 or Pwebtech taking a profit off the servers? Wouldn't it be better to colo directly, than to go through a 3d party.
    Depends,

If yuo've ever looked at bandwidth prices, im sure you'd notice the fact that 25mbps is 1/2 the price per mbps that 1mbps is (if not less), by going with another facility, it may cause more work, more heartache, etc. but may actually have lower prices as they will push more volume, still make money off you, but will get the bandwidth cheaper, and increase the amount they get, making the rest of their bandwidth cheaper as well .
    Myles Loosley-Millman - admin@prioritycolo.com
    Priority Colo Inc. - Affordable Colocation & Dedicated Servers.
    Two Canadian facilities serving Toronto & Markham, Ontario
    http://www.prioritycolo.com

We, are doing quite well.

Thank you.

Jay

It'd probably only be better to colo directly if you afford to buy in volume. Otherwise, you'll probably get a better deal through a 3rd party.
    ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ

Originally posted by voxtreme-matt
    Are you looking to go direct in NAC? Providers such as Site5 and Pwebtech are in NAC, and can provide better dedicated options. You can get Jay at Pwebtech at jason@pwebtech.com

Matt
    I sent more than 3 emails to Jason (and a message on ICQ) but he did not bothered himself to reply. Finally I obtained 2 CPanel servers from other resources.

Mac

We are not all that big into selling external licenses.

I am sorry i didn't respond to your querys though. Must have had a long week.
    Jay

Depends on how many machines you require as to whether the cost-benefit of buying your own rack space makes sense. Plus there's something to being able to take advantage of relationships with people that already have working relationships with the datacenter.

For example, I personally was noting issues with the route from NAC back to my office on the west coast - wasn't getting any reports from my users however I do tend to notice these things far in advance of users.

Anyway, through some simple testing I found that a PSI hop just outside NAC was causing the problem. I exchanged some notes with Todd Mitchell from Site5, we agreed there was a problem and he had a conversation with NAC - a couple hours later the PSI route disappeared from view, problem gone.

(NAC also turned up a new AT&T circuit and that happens to be the new route for traffic bound my direction)

From experience I know that having issues like this resolved with a minimum of fuss and bluster depends totally on relationships. Todd knows me; he knows NAC, it all works. There's value in relationships and this is one reason why I don't mind paying a little more for the NAC / Site5 relationship. Or even a lot more than some of the cut rate places.
    “Even those who arrange and design shrubberies are under
    considerable economic stress at this period in history.”