Assitance Getting Client To Pay Bandwidth Bill

We have a client that owes $175 on a bandwidth Bill. He told us 3 weeks ago he would pay it "next friday" however that day wen't long ago. Now I need some suggestions on how we can get this money.

I was thinking about a debt collector, what are your suggestions? We have emailed them stating we will bringing in debt collectors to no avail.
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

That really is your only choice.

If he will not pay all you can do is get a debt collector on his tail and put a black mark on his credit record.

Can't you charge his card? I assume you have some terms of service, accepted when he / she signed up with you.
    Founder of TradeHolding.com B2B Network and OneLoveNet.com Singles & Dating
    >> Business Blog
    >> Business Links Directory

Call Randy Brown at Goldberg, Lane & Associates.
    770-529-8555

We also do retail computer sales, and sometimes have to use them. They are small but VERY professional. They take a little different approach when speaking to your customers, and I've found that the customers generally end up STAYING your customers when it's all over with.
    WeedBiz™ provides comprehensive internet marketing services for the emerging legal cannabis industry in the United States and Canada.

Maybe having someone else contact him via phone would give him a little more incentive. I know if a repo man called me and we had a frank discussion, I'd pay up pretty quick.

When you claim you're going to bring in outside collectors, he/she may not realize the severity of what that means.
    i beat the internet. the end guy is hard

Originally posted by zoli
    Can't you charge his card? I assume you have some terms of service, accepted when he / she signed up with you.
    The customer has to authorise the transaction, whether they owe it or not.

Hello
    Ask for payment in advance of letting the bandwidth be used.
    Thats what we do and we have therefore never had this issue.

Gordon
    Formerly: Managing Director, Hostroute.com Ltd & Marketing Director, Ultraspeed UK Ltd
    View my Professional Profile: www.gordonhudson.com

Originally posted by GordonH
    Ask for payment in advance of letting the bandwidth be used.
    Thats what we do and we have therefore never had this issue.
    That's exactly what I wanted to say
    You are the one who is somewhere offering your services and the client can be anyone, anywhere so YOU need to cover YOURself and not vice versa.

why not go to small claims court?

Well if he's having problems getting $175 out of his customer then how does he expect the UK's small claims court to have power in america and b) make the customer pay legal expenses ??

C'mon man, I seriously don't think you've thought about what you are saying.

There are no legal costs involved in using the small claims procedure in the UK.
    You pay a fee of £28 andsubmit the documents.

It will not get the money back but it makes it difficult for the customer to get credit elsewhere.

http://www.employment-law-uk.co.uk/debt_collection.htm

Gordon
    Formerly: Managing Director, Hostroute.com Ltd & Marketing Director, Ultraspeed UK Ltd
    View my Professional Profile: www.gordonhudson.com

This is where auto billing comes into play. Bills them on the spot.
    Kaumil P.

Myacen isn't in the UK. But I would suggest going for a debt collector. As its been said before, even if you don't get your money, you put a dent in his or her credit.

To those that say charge in advance. Its not always possible for clients to know that they will use that much bandwidth and instead of suspending the account, we use a little something called "trust". Because we rely on this thing called "trust" we do face these problems. I think Myacen is looking for help in collecting, not help in changing his business practices.

Do debt collectors even have the authority to add info to your credit record? I don't think they can or do, esp for $175. Debt collectors (esp for $175) just take the account, send a letter & make few collection calls to the customer & give you a % if they collect. I doubt that recovery rates are very high for these amounts.

Myacen is in Australia. Where is the deadbeat?

Originally posted by Turboz
    Well if he's having problems getting $175 out of his customer then how does he expect the UK's small claims court to have power in america and b) make the customer pay legal expenses ??

C'mon man, I seriously don't think you've thought about what you are saying.
    I was unaware of Myacen's and the debtor's location, but if in the same country, sometimes all the client needs to see is the paperwork(you have to actually submit it to the court, though), and they might wise up and pay up. Where are you both located?

Andrew (Andy) Leavens
    www.dovescom.com
    Canadian Hosting

I have a customer who owe me $1k, I live in Argentina and he lives in USA.
    Anybody know a debt collector that can I contact? I prefer over the web.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

I have eLiberation, the owner of ePilot.com owing us over $10,000 US. Damn guys didn't pay for over a year. We are looking into a lawyer calling, and getting a collection agency and give them a share. It's better than nothing.

I think you should get a collection agency to acquire it. If they don't, bad credit gets put onto their record and they won't likely be doing any more transactions with credit cards/loans, etc.
    Kaumil P.

Originally posted by Jedito
    Anybody know a debt collector that can I contact?
    We have been in touch with www.madagency.com and they were quite helpful and responsive. Fortunately, we haven't ended up needing them yet.

Gary

Post deleted.
    Last edited by WebSun; 08-10-2002 at 11:56 PM.
    We Host The World...
    For reseller, revendeur, revendedor...