* whmc vs clientexec

I've been hearing a lot about these two on this forum. Whmcs seems a bit more popular? which would you guys recommend? ease of use for me and clients, pricing, performance, security and maintenance are some things i'm trying to compare. also, any experiences with freeside, rodopi, or optigold? a lot of questions//thanx in advanced!

search is your friend
    RestoreMax - The benchmark of PC Remote Backup Software for web hosts
    RestoreMax Standard Edition [Available Now]
    Distributor License launching in 4 weeks!

Both are very good.

They both have demos.

WHMCS is easier to skin, but clientexec has a very stable 'feel' to it.

Just try them both, play around and choose for your self.

Personally, I'd lean towards whmcs.

i use WHMCS and i love it

I use WHMCS. The main reason I picked WHMCS is because of how easy it was to use. What I felt was difficult to do with clientexec was manage clients domain names. If they wanted to change there nameservers on a domain, they would have to contact me. But with the Domain Management built into WHMCS, the clients can do it themselves.

The support system built into WHMCS is also very helpful. It saves you time and money by not have to install and maintain another support system.

We personally use WHMCS for our hosting company and it is quite a good software... Simple and yet has lots of features

Sincerely,

Wow. Thanks for all your responses! =) It looks as though I'm going to go with WHCMS

good choice! feel free to repost if you experience any problems...

lol, I use Clientexec, and after reading this, I feel like im going to get WHMCS too.

I use to love WHMCS until I started using ClientExec again. I just found out that it has a TeamSpeak plugin which makes my life easier Also, their interface is much more professional.

John, how specifically do you find Clientexec's interface more professional than WHMCS? Would be useful information for many of us.

Quote Originally Posted by brianoz View Post
    John, how specifically do you find Clientexec's interface more professional than WHMCS? Would be useful information for many of us.
    It feels 'stable' in my opinion. Effort in the design aspect etc, where as WHMCS I'd say the admin screen is more core / base.

WHMCS by far.

I have used both WHMCS and clientexec, and I have found that I like WHMCS and my clients also like it. It has much more features, and its very easy to skin. It is also cheaper to lease monthly.
    HostMonkey | Your kingdom starts here. (tweet us @HostMonkeynet)
    Affordable and Reliable Shared Hosting, VPS Servers, and Dedicated Servers
    OpenVZ, SolusVM CP, 99.9% Uptime Guarantee, 24x7x365 Support
    Server Reseller Program: significant discounts, to increase your profits!

Both are quite good, but vote goes toward WHMCS.

Constant updates with new features being added by recommendations from customers that use the software day in and out (which sets WHMCS apart), terrific support...Matt and his team know how to run things, ease of use as well as easy to customize the user experience to fit your business.
    LaneHost.com | Professional Web Hosting Solutions
    Affordable Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting & Dedicated Servers at Great Prices!
    Follow us on Twitter!

Everything in ClientExec just feel so much more organized and professional. While when you look at WHMCS the color scheme is pretty much the same... blue.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnJ View Post
    Everything in ClientExec just feel so much more organized and professional. While when you look at WHMCS the color scheme is pretty much the same... blue.
    It really just boils down to personal preference
    LaneHost.com | Professional Web Hosting Solutions
    Affordable Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting & Dedicated Servers at Great Prices!
    Follow us on Twitter!

WHMCS all the way.

I've used both, and switched to WHMCS after my clients feedbacks.
    It was little hard at first sight, they would just search search and search...
    Universal Hosts - Premium Web Hosting for non premium Prices
    Now providing Virtual Private Servers and Managed Dedicated Servers.