Selling Hosting buisness question

Hi

I have been considering selling a certain aspect of my buisness. Not all of it just one aspect.

Whats a sensible way to price the sale price, Is it X amount of months of income or what?

Thanks in advance

It all depends but "standard" tends to be around 10 months of revenue. If you're just selling off sections of it that could potentially make a difference in the price you get as well.

In our case the VPS section of the buisness. Would that be 10 months profit or overall revenue?

Quote Originally Posted by Dediwebspace View Post
    In our case the VPS section of the buisness. Would that be 10 months profit or overall revenue?
    Quote Originally Posted by David View Post
    ...to be around 10 months of revenue...
    10-12 months is standard, a little more if licenses and/or a brand is included, I am however doubting that is the case here.
    SupportPal - Smart self-hosted help desk software
    Supporting multiple channels, including Twitter and Facebook. WHMCS integration available.
    LicensePal - Discounted popular web hosting software licenses
    cPanel, InterWorx, SolusVM, CloudLinux, Blesta, Softaculous, Installatron, and much more!

Depends on how many clients do you have and the profit you're currently getting from your website.

Quote Originally Posted by Lpal-Jay View Post
    10-12 months is standard, a little more if licenses and/or a brand is included, I am however doubting that is the case here.
    But profit gotta play a factor too. Imagine buying a huge host that is making a loss.

Don't forget to value your domain name/traffic and other things as well.

You can set your price at whatever you want, but something is only worth what someone else is willing to pay for it. You can always give out the details and see what kind of offers you get.
    Lowest priced electronics and game systems on the web. PS3, Wii, Xbox 360, iPhone, and more.
    Contact freegamesystem@yahoo.com for details.

Also consider what the motives are for selling the business. If you're cutting your losses, sell it quick, but it's going to be cheap, but then again, you're cutting losses anyway.

If you're selling it for a profit, I'd say it should be based largely on your customer base, the plans subscribed to, and the revenues associated with it. Depending on how the business is run and how plans and prices are structured, it could have 1000 customers and still operate at a loss, or have a customer base of just 200 but operate with considerable margin.

Any bids yet? You should be able to gauge by now how much buyers are willing to pay for it.
    Talk'n'Tickets
    Outsourced Phone and Ticket Support for Web Hosts
    http://www.talkntickets.com
    US Toll-Free:1-800-650-8870, UK Toll-Free:0800-118-2105, Australia Toll-Free:1800-046-664

Hi

We have already sold what we needed to. But thanks for your advice everyone, It is much apreciated