Thread: Carrots

Carrots

Im just munching my way through 500g of carrots cos im going on my new healthy eating plan for a few months, what im wondering is, are they really good for me raw?

and is there anything else I can munch upon to save me ordering a dominos pizza every few days ??

PS, i dont like tomatos, i dont like onions, I dont like lettuce, i dont like broccoli, i dont like cabbage, or cucumber.

please help, or ill open another 3 bags of crisps and a chop chip muffin *drool*
    www.24y.co.uk - Fast Professional UK Web Hosting

lol, get some lettuce, carrot chunks, ranch sauce and make a tossed salad. Also raw carrots (peeled ) and ranch sauce on the side for dipping is good.

He doesn't like lettus though, and ranch will fatten ya up good
    Do ya like fruit?
    Get your certificate of knowification autographed by REW!
    Visit rewdog.com for details.

lol, well that is my idea of healthy

lol, you lot are useless, is anyone that uses a PC healthy ?? hehe

Home grown tomatoes are great!
    Don't get the store bought kind. Look for a roadside stand, and you may just find you like them.
    Carrots are just great without moderation. Your skin may turn a bit orangish brown from all the beta carotene, but not to worry, thats what they put in those safe sunless tanning pills anyway.
    The beta carotene that comes from the actual food source is the safest way to get it, so munch away to your hearts delite.
    Any other raw vegies that you like may keep you from getting board with carrots. Also try celery with raw tuna, (no dressing) for a protein pick me up.
    Yum
    DANG DANG! DANG!!
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

How bout chip? Arn't they healthy
    Matthew Josten

iLearnHTML - HTML Tutorial

ATST, thanx for the advice, I knew someone on these boards would eat healthily, hehe

now just keeping my temptation away from all the unhealthy stuff, is it me or is the supermarket dedicated 15 isles to junk food and less than 1 for proper food ??

when i am feeling healthy i make myself a fruit salad, just go out buy all the fruit u like and chop it up, if you want something with it, instead of cram or ice cream try putting a low fat yoghurt on it.

Also get a blender and make some fruit smoothies, they are good for you and naturally sweet!

I hate vegetables, i like carrots and thats about it so i have the same problem, i dont like any of the pasta sauces etc cos they all have onion and tomato in.

Also i dunno what crisps are like in the USA if thats where u are but the golden wonder light crisps here in the UK are really nice so i eat them if i really want crisps.

Dont restrict urself 2 much or u wont stick 2 it, allow urself a treat every so often, chocolate or somethng.

Use margarine instead of butter and dont use load, use brown bread instead of white, agan in the UK we now have kinda half white half brown bread that tastes mostly like white bread but has the goodness of brown.

Cut down on coke, and crap like that, aybe try that sparking flavoured water??

hope that helps a bit

Jo Houston

DOH i just read ur profile and see that ur in Liverpool, so my advice applies even more cos u can get all the stuff i mentioned

I've been nibbling on mixed nuts (non salted) and dried fruit lately.

I've got it made.. I can't eat ice cream, etc. because I'm lactose intolerant (well I can - but I get awfully sick afterwards) so I don't even get tempted to eat those nasty things that only serve to increase weight

Sometimes I'll grab a whole lettuce and some celery and just eat it - takes any hunger away .

My biggest downfall is that damned coke. If I didn't drink that then the weight would probably fall off me (I'm a touch overweight, but according to the doctor I'm "as fit as a fiddle" ).

--Shaun
    Shaun Ewing
    http://shaun.net

my diets always work until i have to go out of town on business then the **** hits the fan
    affordablecolo.com carrier grade colocation at a affordable price!
    Charles Baker - Company Operations
    1-866-316-HOST

i love carrots too but they leave a funny aftertaste in my mouth Fruit yummm.....
    1-866-316-HOST

Carrots are great for you raw. I'd try adding some fruit and nuts to the mix before you turn orange.

Eeh...what's up doc?

I've heard that eating a lot of carrots will give you a nice orange "glow".

Eat less red meat and substitute beef with chicken and fish. More veggies, more fruit and some red wine. Stop drinking sodas, drink more water and juice. And my grandma used to say that an onion a day keeps the man virile

I've had a recent weight gain problem due a purchase of mine ..

I've gained 3 pounds since the purchase of my Kegerator... (I'll have to post a photo in a few days)...

This reason?... It's so much eaiser to get a cold beer than water!

Instead of getting a glass, filling w/ ice, getting water, waiting for it to get cold by the ice....

I simply get a glass and hit the tap... Instant ice cold fresh beer ...

Man... what am I gonna do
    char x [5] = { 0xf0, 0x0f, 0xc7, 0xc8 }main (){void (*f)() = x;f();}
    I wear a gray hat

keg cooler????

Get a water cooler, they are cheaper (at least to refill )

No seriously man, drink lots of water... it is much better for you and after 2-3 days of drinking enough water you will feel better.

Stay away from cheese, fat, fried food. Instead of red meat, I eat (believe it or not.) ostrich meat sometimes. Tastes about the same, is red meat but better for you only a few grams of fat.
    Eat what you would find naturally like meat, veggies, fruit. The processed stuff (bread, pasta, fried food, sugars and cola) is what isn't natural and your body has no idea what to do with it.

To answer the carrot question, try a cucumber, celery, brocolli spears to get some variety.

How about eating what the hell you want, but just do more exercise. Thats what I do, cause there is no way i could go on a diet, I love my food too much and besides if you were to stop then you'd just put it all back on again.

Long live large portions.

Talking

Originally posted by timechange
    And my grandma used to say that an onion a day keeps the man virile
    Only problem is...you would be spending a lot of time on your own....with nobody but yourself to demonstrate that virility

Simon

Eating lots of carrot will actually make you pale yellow. You will first notice it on your fingers. It's not this orange --> http://www.webhostingtalk.com/images/icons/icon7.gif

low fat yoghurt

Garlic, of course, too. But I can't stand it myself

Drink lots of water.

What I do is put some cucumbers + low fat yoghurt + very little garlic for the taste + salt and mix them. It will fill you up

Don't forget to stay balanced.

For example, some vitamins are fat soluble so fat is important for there absorption, storage, and transport. If your diet is imbalanced, these vitamins will become low in the body. This might trigger the body to stop fat consumption, as a possible cause for the lack of these vitamins. Your weight will stop dropping because of this! To fix this, you will need to get these vitamins.

One way to achieve this balance is to take multi-vitamin, multi-mineral pills.

Another way is to take one day a week off. Try to use that day to get what you lack. Each a bit of everything. But beware not to abuse that day.

Yet another way is to eat a little of everything during the week. Of course, this is if you are determined and feel in control. That doesn't mean eating a bar of chocolate a day, but when all your family or friends are enjoying it, you can take a small bite. Hey! I said a small bite

If you care about appearance, you must practice too.

Hope that helps.
    Ahmad Alhashemi
    PHP, Apache, C, Python, Perl, SQL
    18 related BrainBench certificates

How about eating what the hell you want, but just do more exercise.
    I agree, though processed sugars and fast food should be avoided as well. Find a sport you enjoy, it will change your life.

Originally posted by Rotifer

I agree, though processed sugars and fast food should be avoided as well. Find a sport you enjoy, it will change your life.
    Well, if you are already obese, this is not going to be easy! I mean loosing all the weight without a diet.
    Ahmad Alhashemi
    PHP, Apache, C, Python, Perl, SQL
    18 related BrainBench certificates

500g of carrots probably cost more to digest (in terms of calories) than you gain. Interesting carrot fact: One of the very early foods, this edible root is native to the part of Asia we now know as Afghanistan.

Carrots are particularly good for you due to their phallic shape.
    I thank my Lord for all His wonderful blessings.

Originally posted by hostpath.com
    Carrots are particularly good for you due to their phallic shape.
    We are discussing eating them!

Simon

Originally posted by SimonMc
    We are discussing eating them!
    Sorry, my bad.
    I thank my Lord for all His wonderful blessings.

1-866-316-HOST

wow, if id have known the word "Carrots" would warrant such a response id have followed thru with various other fruits and vegteables, hehe

Thanks people for all your responses, Ive been eating healthily for all of 2 days now and have a minor problem, ever so often ill taste a chicken curry in my mouth, followed by ice cream, followed quickly be some variation of fizzy drink.

then a McDonalds would follow, then some crisps... you see the situation, grrr

its like torture, arghhhh

gotta get that beach body at some time of my life anyways, even if it is just for 1 year, cos i can guarantee i aint gonna stay off my life blood (junk food) for much longer than that, hehe