What to look for in eNOM reseller?

Hi

I've noticed a lot of eNom reseller accounts lately advertising on WHT. I'm interested in getting one, but I don't know what to "look for" when getting an account.

For example, if you were getting an account, what kinds of questions will you ask the one selling it to you?

1) Price
    2) How long they have been a reseller
    3) How many current sub-accounts they have
    4) Just look them over in general. Do they have good support? Would you trust them? etc.

I agree with ddesigns above. All the eNom resellers accounts are pretty much the same.. the only difference is the "extra" stuff that has nothing to do with eNom.

For example, support (answering your questions, etc..), ability to help out when you need it, amount of time they're willing to spend with you, etc..

Technically, all the accounts are the same. If you visit a reseller's site and get a good feel that they will be in business for a while, and have decent prices.. then go for it.

Cheers!
    We are eNom PLATINUM PLUS resellers!
    Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account with lowest possible pricing.
    * We provide support and service to over 4275 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

All enom accounts are the same. Difference is in price and support. If you are familiar with enom, I suggest you to go with the one which has very good rates.

I have recently started using my own enom account, and it has been very easy to use. I have not needed to contact support for anything other than to update some old nameserver IP's. Account management is very easy to do, and all updates are instantly effective. I really like that! I started with NetSol, and i remember having to wait for the smallest changed to become effective. Enom is heaven sent.

i would try and go via enom direct, but if the setup costs are prohibitive, I would look for an enom reseller with an established track record. It is a partnership of sorts, and I think the most important factor is to find a reseller that is trustworthy.

Originally posted by hostjet
    It is a partnership of sorts, and I think the most important factor is to find a reseller that is trustworthy.
    Yes, you certainly need to be careful. You don't want to get stuck with a reseller who will suddenly go out of business or even raise your prices without letting you know.

Cheers!
    * We provide support and service to over 4275 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!

I was told that even if the reseller goes out of business, your account would then go to Enom directly. Is this wrong? I don't want to lose my domains? I have a lot of them, some pretty valauable (at least to me! ).

The problem is not going to be the reseller who clearly goes out of business - but the one that goes inactive and in your way. It will be interesting to see how eNom deals with the sub-reseller when the reseller is not responsive and the sub-reseller cannot go directly to eNom for assistance.

Either way, your domain is not likely at any risk, only your support. eNom is the registrar - they are the ones responsible for your domain as far as the registry is concerned.

-t
    myOstrich Internet - OpenSRS Domain Names & Digital Certificates
    http://www.myostrich.net

Hmmm, very interesting, and somewhat worrisome.

Originally posted by VoxKeysGtr
    Hmmm, very interesting, and somewhat worrisome.
    Don't worry.

Even if your parent registrar goes into hibernation.. you can still contact eNom directly. I have personally experienced this problem myself (as was discussed in another thread) when I got stuck with a bad eNom reseller a long time ago. In extreme cases, eNom has shown themselves to be helpful.

Originally posted by mrzippy

Don't worry.

Even if your parent registrar goes into hibernation.. you can still contact eNom directly. I have personally experienced this problem myself (as was discussed in another thread) when I got stuck with a bad eNom reseller a long time ago. In extreme cases, eNom has shown themselves to be helpful.
    It doesn't even need to be an "extreme" case. From eNom's standpoint, an eNom account -- be it direct or through a reseller -- is an eNom account. A registrant is a registrant. They're all eNom customers either directly or indirectly and eNom supports them all. If you contact eNom support with a question, no matter who you are, it will be answered. If you need eNom support to do something for you and your email address is the one either in the domain's WHOIS record (if it's a domain question), or in the account holder info area (if it's an account question), eNom will help you now matter who your reseller, or sub-reseller, or sub-sub-reseller (etc.) is. This is a non-issue.
    Gregg L. DesElms