what larger company use modernbill or clientexec ?

hi,

as i know,there are many billing software,

i am interested about who use them,

and which larger company use modernbill or clientexec ?

thanks allot.

Our hosting provider is Hostdime and I think they use Modernbill. I saw that most big companies use it.
    domainCart - PHP / AJAX Domain and Hosting Order Script | WHMCS Alternative
    Supports 700+ domain extensions, 27+ payment gateways, multi-currency with auto exchange..
    www.domaincart.net | Demo (all in one - without template)

Quote Originally Posted by dhcart View Post
    Our hosting provider is Hostdime and I think they use Modernbill. I saw that most big companies use it.
    thanks for your comment,

i know many hosting providers are the same,

any other people can share your knowing to me?

thanks a lot.

i know a few companies that use both of them depends on what you want to use them for shared hosting resellers domains clientexec is better dedicated servers vps servers modernbill but also whmcs has a few of these features in there

Not all big companies uses those software, there might be more companies using them since they have been in business much longer then many other companies selling billing software like Modernbill but doesn't necessarily make them better.

Have tried Modernbill, Client Exec and used Modernbill v4/v5 for a period of time (still have a license as well), however there are better software in my book like WHMCS that handles things easier, faster and better.
    LaneHost.com | Professional Web Hosting Solutions
    Affordable Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting & Dedicated Servers at Great Prices!
    Follow us on Twitter!

LT used to use MB. I think they are currently using their own script but kept the same look of MB
    Vimhost - Your Data is SAFE!
    Call Us! -
    1-647-259-8548

Quote Originally Posted by Vimhost View Post
    LT used to use MB. I think they are currently using their own script but kept the same look of MB
    My understanding is that LT did/does use MB in the backend, with the plan to transition over to another accounting/billing software.

Whether they've transitioned over or not already, who knows But that's the benefit of the single frontend they've developed - no matter what goes on in the backend, the user experience doesn't change
    Alasdair
    Long time ex-host, ex-billing software owner/developer/support staff. Recent lurker.

hi,any other suggestion? thanks a lot.

Ubersmith pro. If you have $5,000
    Jon Black

5K - that's a lot for a billing system, although if you're interested I know they offer leased license too.
    -Mr Bister

hi,do you know which company use the billing software?

thanks a lot.

Most larger companies do NOT use ModernBill. Matter of fact, ModernBill tends to bog down when you add more than a few 1000 customer records to it. We gave it up when we had it on a dedicated server and it took forever to do simple searches. We switched to WHMCS and I couldn't believe the difference in processing speed. I think I have mentioned before that the first time I ran a search in WHMCS I thought it was broken, because the request was processed instantly.

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

They keep saying alot of good things about WHMCS, Im thinking of switching to it myself.

The only thing is, that transferring over 600 clients to a new billing system seems like a very big risk, tis the only thing thats stopped me.

Is there integration tool really that easy to use like they make it look, when moving modernbill 4. X over to there whmcs? This is interesting, and its something that I been thinking about

Quote Originally Posted by mjaymob View Post
    They keep saying alot of good things about WHMCS, Im thinking of switching to it myself.

The only thing is, that transferring over 600 clients to a new billing system seems like a very big risk, tis the only thing thats stopped me.

Is there integration tool really that easy to use like they make it look, when moving modernbill 4. X over to there whmcs? This is interesting, and its something that I been thinking about
    We moved a lot more customer records over from ModernBill than that.

We had Matt from WHMCS do it for us and it was cheap, easy and painless.

--Tina
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

ok so its not really 'easy' then in terms of an automated do-it-yourself if you had them do it right? Is this something that could be done yourself, and when you say cheap, that means theres a little more then just an automated way of getting it done, hence the reason for paying them to do it.

Im just trying to get an insight, thanks for the info, Ill get some more details from them

Quote Originally Posted by mjaymob View Post
    ok so its not really 'easy' then in terms of an automated do-it-yourself if you had them do it right? Is this something that could be done yourself, and when you say cheap, that means theres a little more then just an automated way of getting it done, hence the reason for paying them to do it.

Im just trying to get an insight, thanks for the info, Ill get some more details from them
    No, we paid them because I'd rather pay someone to do a task than spend my valuable time dealing with it. They simply ran their automated import script, which is available to you so that you can do it yourself.

--Tina

lol yea ok. I get where we're going. I've taken it from here, but thanks for the info

My provider uses Modernbill

I saw that HostGator users ModernBill.

But I will personally recommend using WHMCS. I have used clientexec, but it doesn't come close to WHMCS in terms of features, updates, and very fast support.
    HostMonkey | Your kingdom starts here. (tweet us @HostMonkeynet)
    Affordable and Reliable Shared Hosting, VPS Servers, and Dedicated Servers
    OpenVZ, SolusVM CP, 99.9% Uptime Guarantee, 24x7x365 Support
    Server Reseller Program: significant discounts, to increase your profits!

Quote Originally Posted by amaZe View Post
    I saw that HostGator users ModernBill.

But I will personally recommend using WHMCS. I have used clientexec, but it doesn't come close to WHMCS in terms of features, updates, and very fast support.
    Hi, is WHMCS easy to customize the skin ?

thanks a lot.

We use modernbill and have over 5000 customers in it. It doesn't do what we need to do to keep growing. We've invested a lot of money into building our own proprietary billing system that will be custom fitted to our business.

I recommend these solutions for "smaller" hosts.