CI Host Strange?

I was just searching the WHT data for some information about *****...I got few threads but the name ***** was hidden by *****.

Strange it seems ***** name is deliberately hidden to avoid the negative image of this company. I may be totally wrong....any feedback?

I believe the name is starred out because they have been banned in some way from these forums.

They were banned I believe for spamming RackShack customers.
    Chris Adams - CEO - Rochen Ltd. - chris (at) rochen (dot) com

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services.
    rochen.com | rochen.co.uk | blog.rochen.com | forums.rochen.com | Twitter: @rochenhost

Also, they seem to be widely regarded, especially around here, as the poster child for all bad hosts.

But they give an image to their visitors as if they are one of the biggest hosting company around.....

How can they be Surviving? Sure their site looks big, feels big, or is it because RackShack does not seem to work out with CIH......

Originally posted by hostfreak123
    But they give an image to their visitors as if they are one of the biggest hosting company around.....

How can they be Surviving? Sure their site looks big, feels big, or is it because RackShack does not seem to work out with CIH......
    I suppose that big look is how they continue to survive. I have never read anyone saying one good thing about them, ever. And that's really difficult to say about just about any other host.

I don't think it has anything to do with Rackshack.

It's not only CIH. Do a quick search and you'll see that there are more than a handful of hosts who've been "earmarked" this way.

Originally posted by hostfreak123
    Well, they are pretty darned big. They've been around forever, so I'm not surprised by their large customer base despite the negative feedback about them.
    Jay » [email protected] • AIM » FDrive Support
    Front Drive™ » Advanced multi-domain solutions
    http://www.frontdrive.com/

Yes, ****** is also banned

Now go figure!
    Dedicated Servers cPanel Shared/Reseller Hosting
    VPS Backups Cloud Colocation Managed Services
    Webx Networks Serving world wide since 1997

see eye host = poster child for all bad hosts
    DANG DANG! DANG!!
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

Don't get us ex CI-customers started. I will say that if you go with them and then close your account be sure to report your charge card stolen. They were overcharging my account $30 a month and would not explain. Even after I finally got them to acknowledge closing my account they tried 8 more charges starting at $90 (going up each time). Their billing person was either incompetent, overpowered by the job, or a crook. I choose to think that they were understaffed.