Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 74 of 74
  1. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Procyon
    Interesting read. I wonder how they get customers with no site though.

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,430
    Didn't read the entire thread...

    Firstly HF is based out of Hong Kong, so check if the site is violating local HK laws. Your case wont hold good if its not.

  3. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Procyon View Post
    Thank you for the link

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    6,794
    It doesn't matter where the site is if it is a US company as the company itself would still be bound by US copyright law, you can go after the US branch/location all you want, even if it IS just a relative, employee, etc. If that relative/employee finds it to be more trouble than it is worth then they may simply stop their "front" of being a US company.
    Karl Zimmerman - Steadfast: Managed Dedicated Servers and Premium Colocation
    karl @ steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    Cloud Hosting, Managed Dedicated Servers, Chicago Colocation, and New Jersey Colocation
    Now Open in New Jersey! - Contact us for New Jersey colocation or dedicated servers

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    58
    sorry, wrong place.

  6. #56
    None of the site you mentioned is hosted within our network. Pornbb.org is hosted on our IP that was leased to another ISP.

    We'll try to take the IP space back.

    Quote Originally Posted by ryc_eric View Post
    Bill,
    I found this forum , in a google search for "Hostfresh illegal" of all things, attempting to locate more information regarding your hosting operation. We have a number of issues we wish to address with you, however, you have made it virtually impossible for anyone to contact your operations. All of your support emails (including abuse@hostfresh.com) bounce. We have left a number of messages at 1-888-83FRESH to which nobody ever answers let alone return. We have also been in contact with your upstream transit provider, Intercage.com.

    You are hosting a few websites we'd like to speak with you about, the main one being pornbb.org. We represent some of the largest producers of online adult content on the internet with clients such as nastydollars.com, brazzers.com and bangbros.com. I highly recommend you contact me via email or by phone as as soon as possible. Thank you.

    webmaster@removeyourcontent.com

  7. #57
    pornbb.org ip is 69.64.145.229

    Queried whois.arin.net with "69.64.145.229"...

    OrgName: eNom!
    OrgID: ENOM
    Address: 15801 NE 24th Street
    City: Bellevue
    StateProv: WA
    PostalCode: 98008
    Country: US
    Hosted by enom ?

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    813

  9. #59
    dnsstuff traceroute ends with "Unknown - Firewall did not respond", here is what i get from a server at SL.

    # traceroute pornbb.org
    traceroute to pornbb.org (69.64.145.229), 30 hops max, 40 byte packets
    1 server50.hosthat.com (74.86.200.33) 0.360 ms 0.330 ms 0.320 ms
    2 v63.dar02.dal01.dallas-datacenter.com (66.228.118.185) 0.309 ms 0.508 ms 0.499 ms
    3 po2.cer01.dal01.dallas-datacenter.com (66.228.118.202) 0.271 ms 0.459 ms 0.452 ms
    4 xe-4-3.r03.dllstx09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net (157.238.228.9) 0.679 ms 0.676 ms 0.900 ms
    5 ae-1.r21.dllstx09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.4.181) 0.889 ms 0.879 ms 0.868 ms
    6 p16-1-0-0.r05.dllstx09.us.bb.gin.ntt.net (129.250.5.57) 0.600 ms 0.680 ms 0.684 ms
    7 so-7-0-1.mpr1.dfw2.us.above.net (64.125.12.53) 0.660 ms 0.652 ms 0.878 ms
    8 so-0-2-1.mpr1.ord2.us.above.net (64.125.30.250) 34.347 ms 34.340 ms 34.577 ms
    9 so-3-0-0.mpr2.ord7.us.above.net (64.125.30.145) 34.809 ms 34.799 ms 34.534 ms
    10 64.124.195.237.available.above.net (64.124.195.237) 35.270 ms 35.262 ms 35.253 ms
    11 69.64.145.229 (69.64.145.229) 34.490 ms 34.478 ms 34.466 ms
    #

    # whois 69.64.145.229
    [Querying whois.arin.net]
    [whois.arin.net]

    OrgName: eNom!
    OrgID: ENOM
    Address: 15801 NE 24th Street
    City: Bellevue
    StateProv: WA
    PostalCode: 98008
    Country: US

    NetRange: 69.64.144.0 - 69.64.159.255
    CIDR: 69.64.144.0/20
    OriginAS: AS21740
    NetName: ENOM-BLOCK
    NetHandle: NET-69-64-144-0-1
    Parent: NET-69-0-0-0-0
    NetType: Direct Assignment
    NameServer: HK1.NAME-SERVICES.COM
    NameServer: HK2.NAME-SERVICES.COM
    Comment:
    RegDate: 2007-07-25
    Updated: 2007-11-12

    RTechHandle: CMC102-ARIN
    RTechName: McDuffie, Christopher
    RTechPhone: +1-425-274-4500
    RTechEmail: chris.mcduffie@enom.com

    OrgTechHandle: BB1753-ARIN
    OrgTechName: Bronczyk, Bruce
    OrgTechPhone: +1-425-274-4500
    OrgTechEmail: bruce.bronczyk@enom.com

    OrgTechHandle: CMP9-ARIN
    OrgTechName: Peeters, Christopher M
    OrgTechPhone: +1-425-274-4500
    OrgTechEmail: chris.peeters@enom.com

    # ARIN WHOIS database, last updated 2008-03-03 19:10
    # Enter ? for additional hints on searching ARIN's WHOIS database.
    #

  10. #60
    It is not a matter of a domain forward then?

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    600
    Quote Originally Posted by HostFresh View Post
    None of the site you mentioned is hosted within our network. Pornbb.org is hosted on our IP that was leased to another ISP.

    We'll try to take the IP space back.
    Shouldn't you make sure what they're doing is illegal before shutting down a customer?
    As in, you shouldn't do anything until you get a court order to do so?
    Dating Revolution Method - Book on how to meet and attract women

  12. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by ewhost View Post
    Shouldn't you make sure what they're doing is illegal before shutting down a customer?
    As in, you shouldn't do anything until you get a court order to do so?
    Actually, pornbb.org has begun to address our Dmca requests several months after we sent them. It would seem word has been spread regarding this thread because they are cooperating now. In regards to who we work for, they no longer have an issue with them. I can't say the same for the other thousands of production companies out there being infringed upon.
    Last edited by ryc_eric; 03-04-2008 at 05:14 PM.

  13. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by flashwebhost View Post
    pornbb.org ip is 69.64.145.229



    Hosted by enom ?
    That's not them. Internap/Enom have nothing to do with them, in relation to hosting. Thx though.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,108
    Quote Originally Posted by ryc_eric View Post
    That's not them. Internap/Enom have nothing to do with them, in relation to hosting. Thx though.
    www.pornbb.org has address 116.50.11.98
    www.pornbb.org mail is handled by 5 eforwardct.name-services.com.
    www.pornbb.org mail is handled by 10 eforward4.name-services.com.
    98.11.50.116.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer 116-50-11-98.myrdns.com.
    inetnum: 116.50.8.0 - 116.50.15.255
    netname: HOSTFRESH
    descr: HostFresh
    descr: Internet Service Provider
    country: HK
    admin-c: PL466-AP
    tech-c: PL466-AP
    status: ALLOCATED PORTABLE
    mnt-by: APNIC-HM
    mnt-lower: MAINT-HK-HOSTFRESH
    mnt-routes: MAINT-HK-HOSTFRESH
    semi-retired

  15. #65
    @Prycyon You beat me to it, thanks mate

  16. #66
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    180
    Wow where will this thread take us next. It's amazing what assumption people make by doing a simple google search.

    First I would suggest that if you have a DCMA complaint send it to the hosting party in the form of abuse@xxx.com. If you don't get a response maybe phone to see if it was received. I know this is a novel concept but we actually try to help people with any complaint someone might have. We can't give information through the phone but certainly can check if the DCMA came in.

    Secondly I am sorry but there is no way someone here will go to the post office just to pick up a piece of mail. Ohh and I think the post office wanted money for this also. Use UPS / Fedex it's a little more practical. A e-mail is just as good.

    Lastly is this the Eric that makes money from PornBB being up? This is the Eric that has been caught posting forum messages "requesting" certain content so that he can then send in a DCMA request? Apparently one can make quite a bit of money convincing companies that one will be a watchdog and send out DCMA's. But I find it a conflict of interest when the watchdog is requesting certain content for his benefit. From what I have been told is that when the message came up of shutting down the IP address, Eric sent a nice message requesting not to shut it down and that all parties are working together. I honestly don't care either way or represent HostFresh it's just funny to think of the DCMA party doing all this simply for a monetary gain.

    Thanks!
    SF Dedicated Servers / Co-Location / Transit
    Company: Intercage Inc. - Atrivo (Emil Kacperski)
    E-Mail: emil@intercage.com
    Phone: 925-550-3947 / ICQ: 23531098

  17. #67
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Wow where will this thread take us next. It's amazing what assumption people make by doing a simple google search.

    First I would suggest that if you have a DCMA complaint send it to the hosting party in the form of abuse@xxx.com.
    If you would've actually read the posts in this thread, you'll see that I did send them only to have abuse@intercage.com bounce.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    If you don't get a response maybe phone to see if it was received. I know this is a novel concept but we actually try to help people with any complaint someone might have. We can't give information through the phone but certainly can check if the DCMA came in.
    I've talked to someone there on numerous occassions which has led to no resolution whatsoever. By the way, I know a certain in-house attorney who would really like to get in touch with someone there at Intercage. It seems he's having trouble as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Secondly I am sorry but there is no way someone here will go to the post office just to pick up a piece of mail. Ohh and I think the post office wanted money for this also. Use UPS / Fedex it's a little more practical. A e-mail is just as good.
    All our correspondence has been sent certified. All returned as unclaimed. You're mistaken as certified mail is prepaid and all you do is sign for it. I'm sure if you guys had legal counsel you'd know this, however you do not which was confirmed by someone at Intercage.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post

    Lastly is this the Eric that makes money from PornBB being up? This is the Eric that has been caught posting forum messages "requesting" certain content so that he can then send in a DCMA request? Apparently one can make quite a bit of money convincing companies that one will be a watchdog and send out DCMA's. But I find it a conflict of interest when the watchdog is requesting certain content for his benefit. From what I have been told is that when the message came up of shutting down the IP address, Eric sent a nice message requesting not to shut it down and that all parties are working together. I honestly don't care either way or represent HostFresh it's just funny to think of the DCMA party doing all this simply for a monetary gain.
    Thanks!
    This statement couldn't be further from the truth and I would love nothing more then this illegal file-sharing forum to be taken offline. My correspondence indicated that we don't want to disrupt anyone's operation and that we only want our client's copywritten content taken down. You have taken me out of context and be VERY careful about what you accuse me of "Goose". I won't tolerate your slander..or is it libel? I'll have my lawyer check.

  18. #68
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    180
    Well it should not bounce and we can test it to make sure.

    I believe I spoke to you once, I haven't asked any of the technicians to see if they have spoken with you. But I am pretty certain that numerous would be a wrongful statement.

    Look I am not trying to get you all excited. Simply trying to show you the way to make sure your DCMA's are taken care of. If your going to send something send it Fedex or UPS it can require a signature also. But as I mentioned a e-mail followed by a phone call will save you a ton of time.

    I am not a representative of PornBB but it's a forum with links to files which are not on the server. There are zero files being distributed from the server.

    Lastly we are a dedicated server provider not a law firm. What in the world would we need a legal counsel for? And regarding certain remarks it was you who categorized the company as being "shady". I did not even put you as being the Eric in question.

    My job is also to make sure that our clients do not abuse our network. There was absolutely no need to characterize us in a negative manner or to imply opinions on a public forum.

    If you have any DCMA's please bring them to my attention and I certain they will be dealt with.

    Thanks!
    SF Dedicated Servers / Co-Location / Transit
    Company: Intercage Inc. - Atrivo (Emil Kacperski)
    E-Mail: emil@intercage.com
    Phone: 925-550-3947 / ICQ: 23531098

  19. #69
    This thread is awesome. Eric's a smart guy. For him to have a job, there needs to be illegal content on the internet. If there is no illegal content, then he won't get paid.

    Keep the site operating but continue to monitor for content violation is a good business model.

    Though, I would really like to see how far Eric gets trying to send DMCA notices to Russian, Vietnamese, etc... data centers.

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    1,634
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigaron View Post

    Though, I would really like to see how far Eric gets trying to send DMCA notices to Russian, Vietnamese, etc... data centers.

    To junkmail / spam inbox.

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    5,512
    Atrivo another link in the chain with the RBN cyber-mafia, ref: http://rbnexploit.blogspot.com/

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Scottsbluff, NE
    Posts
    1,965
    Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    Well it should not bounce and we can test it to make sure.

    I believe I spoke to you once, I haven't asked any of the technicians to see if they have spoken with you. But I am pretty certain that numerous would be a wrongful statement.

    Look I am not trying to get you all excited. Simply trying to show you the way to make sure your DCMA's are taken care of. If your going to send something send it Fedex or UPS it can require a signature also. But as I mentioned a e-mail followed by a phone call will save you a ton of time.

    I am not a representative of PornBB but it's a forum with links to files which are not on the server. There are zero files being distributed from the server.

    Lastly we are a dedicated server provider not a law firm. What in the world would we need a legal counsel for? And regarding certain remarks it was you who categorized the company as being "shady". I did not even put you as being the Eric in question.

    My job is also to make sure that our clients do not abuse our network. There was absolutely no need to characterize us in a negative manner or to imply opinions on a public forum.

    If you have any DCMA's please bring them to my attention and I certain they will be dealt with.

    Thanks!
    You know, you sure do represent yourself well and set a great picture for the company you represent
    $this->hasFlavr() ? $nom->nom('nom') : $want->doNot()

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    5,512
    Quote Originally Posted by IRCCo Jeff View Post
    Atrivo another link in the chain with the RBN cyber-mafia, ref: http://rbnexploit.blogspot.com/
    http://rbnexploit.blogspot.com/2007/...aking-its.html more specifically.

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    1,430
    Quote Originally Posted by [B][URL="http://www.webhostingtalk.com/member.php?u=27787
    KarlZimmer[/URL][/B]"]It doesn't matter where the site is if it is a US company as the company itself would still be bound by US copyright law, you can go after the US branch/location all you want, even if it IS just a relative, employee, etc. If that relative/employee finds it to be more trouble than it is worth then they may simply stop their "front" of being a US company.
    None of their staff or servers or IP blocks are in the United States. You wont even a close chance of a fair trial so long they are in Hong Kong.

    As long as the website you have in question is hosted in Hong Kong, they do NOT have to take any action regardless of where they are located or incorporated. If they step foot on US shores, then they could be held liable, but until then... keep praying

    I hope we can now stop suggest OP and other WHT members from sending DMCA and take down notices to HF, and other organizations operating outside the US.

  25. Newsletters

    Subscribe Now & Get The WHT Quick Start Guide!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Related Posts from theWHIR.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •