Customer site review, please...

I'm meeting with a new client tomorrow regarding the redesign of his site. I want to go into the meeting with a sample design, so I'd appreciate you having a look at it.

He wants to have an "airy" look and feel to the site. He also wants to emphasize quality of service/products as opposed to best price. Have I accomplished this in the design?

Thanks very much for your input.

http://www.dzyntech.com/logos/computer-edge/index.html

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

i feel you have achieved the airy look and feel. i like the color combo. one of my favorites. the design looks proffessional, clean, and bold. how would it look if it was centered? right now it looks pretty empty on the right and bottom. i guess it may work if you have more content in it which i can see happening. i love the lay out and how it is well organized.

will that be the logo? if so, it doesn't really have that look and feel as the site design as a whole. i don't really like how it lays on a dark and light background. i would much rather see it in the dark background as a white logo.

the word "guaranteed" is too light and that's coming from someone on a pc setup to be dark. it is going to be much harder on the others.

overall, very nice and good job. it is close to my style of design. keep it up.

good luck with the new client.

Chris:
    Thanks for the constructive comments. I made the "guaranteed" a bit darker. I originally made it light because I felt it was competing with the logo. But I guess if it's too light, that's just as bad, isn't it?

That is in fact the logo that I have to use (color and style). I'll play around with different solid bg colors to see if it looks better.

Hmm. I had it centered, then I made it left aligned. Should I make it centered again? Regarding the space at the bottom of the screen, when I put a bit more content on the page, it will fill out the height of the screen, even the higher res screens.

Thanks again for your input.

Vito
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

i can see what you are saying about it competing with the logo. but, since the logo is orange, that in itself should stand out before the word "guaranteed". after the logo, guaranteed becomes the next apparent image that pops, which is a good thing. from a customer stand point, that is something i would like to see.

since you have to use that color and style for that logo, may i offer some suggestions? adjust the tracking for the letters are closer together so it does look modern and conservative. when i look at the text on your site, a lot of it is in caps, except the logo which is in all lowercase. if you want to keep all the lowercase, bold the letters so it stands out.

about it being centered... i'm not quite sure how to approach it. it can work with it being left aligned. yeah, ignore my comment about the bottom space. i realized that when you have more content, it will fill it up.

no problem about the input. that's why i'm here...to give input.

good luck.

Hi Vito,

I like what you've done with the design. I tend to agree with Chris in that the logo doesn't really fit the structure of the site. Outside of that, I think you've achieved a clean, airy feel, which is exactly what you set out to do. Nice work!

I like that - there are a lot of sites that aim for a similar "feel" but not that many that do it with that much balance. Very elegant. Again, my only reservation would be the logo.

Good luck,

Ed

Thanks for the comments, folks.

Although, now as I'm making changes, I'm second-guessing myself. Not sure if I made the logo better or worse. I took the liberty of slightly modifying the structure/color of the logo. I'll present it to the client. If he doesn't like it, I can always go back to how he specified.

BTW, Chris, I thoroughly enjoyed exploring your site. You show great work in your portfolio, and the images on your site are visually stunning . Very very nice work. I've got it bookmarked under my "Cool designs" category.

Vito

first off, thank you for the kind words. i appreciate it greatly. i'm glad you enjoyed viewing the images as that was my intention. i wanted people to see what i see and how i view it. i'm still learning how to shoot and take better pictures though. more or less a hobby of mine. i'm in the process of updating the portfolio and gallery section.

now, back on topic. i like it better now that you have it centered. i was thinking about it for awhile at first. now that you were able to show it, i love it this way.

the logo... i like this one better than the first. the only thing that bothers me would be the size and the placement of ".com". ".com" is also too light. darken it up to about how you setted guaranteed. also bring in the letters closer so you can enlarge the logo itslef.

of course all what i have said doesn't really matter. what does matter is the clients opinion is.

good luck on the presentation. convince them your way is the right way. and how his is wrong.

thanks again. take care.

I like it. Very clean and good use of colors. Are you planning on doing a rollover effect with the buttons on the left? Might be a good idea (but who the hell am I).
    D. Lyles
    Uniquest Designs

The page I'm showing you is just one large image for now. Once I get the design finalized, I will slice it up and re-create the page in HTML. At that point, yes, the links in the top and left nav bars will be rollovers.

Might be a good idea (but who the hell am I).
    Gave me a chuckle... Don't put yourself down, it was a good question.

Vito

wow, not bad at all. I love the layout, and the color scheme fits in perfectly. This site will have a good future.
    TextAdMarket - http://www.TextAdMarket.com
    Supply & Demand Advertising

Vito,
    site looks nice.....Nice color scheme, and a good clean corporate feel.......
    Just an idea: Have you tried throwing a circle type shape in the top corner that sits over the top and left margins....that would be a good place to put a logo.......

cheers
    --

I like it!

Originally posted by 21inchguns
    Have you tried throwing a circle type shape in the top corner that sits over the top and left margins....that would be a good place to put a logo.......
    Hmm. Not sure what you mean. Are you saying a partial circle that runs off the page? A circle with fill or just outline? How big? Encompassing the whole logo or just part of it?

[explanation] You'll have to excuse me, 21. I just woke up and in this neck of the woods it's only 3:30 AM. I tend to ask alot of questions when I'm bleary-eyed... [/explanation]

Vito

yeah, I realise my description leaves little to be desired.......but the problem is that I cannot remember any sites that have this.....

I will have a quick look around and see if I can find a sample.....
    --

Havent had time to read the whole thread. Read the first 2 though, layout looks good, and I like that you said its only a sample, meaning its almost certainly not finished

Well done !

Very nice looking design. Have one thing though that caught my eye and thats where it said "Computer Edge" where computer was white text and edge.com was orange. That really didn't seem to fit. But really business people aren't too picky about that sort of things so they will probably give you an A+