Can Linux / Windows Servers Talk

I would like to know if a script can be written that would allow a Linux server that will host a video sharing website to communicate with a windows server.

The video encoder that I prefer to use will only work in a windows enviorment

The windows server would pass off the converted video to the Linux server

Thanks in advance for any suggestions

can you explain more asin are you asking if you can stream from a windows server into a linux server and then make the linux server broadcast this content?

Thanks

Sure they can. At least, on some levels.
    For example: FTP

Linux uploads file;
    Windows has scheduled task every x minutes to look up new files;
    Once new file has been found and proccessed, it goes back to Linux through FTP...

This is just one way of many.

Trgards,
    Aleks

Thanks for the reply Aleks, I guess that was to vague, I am looking for someone who can write and install a script that will transfer video files after they have been encoded from a website on a windows server to a website running a youtube clone script on a linux server that will stream the videos. The youtube script is already installed and running on the linux box.
    I'm clueless on this stuff......

Well, that can be also done, but don't think anyone will do it for free. Post your request in a good forum:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=146

and I will send you an offer for it.

Regards,
    Aleks

Thanks again Aleks I tried to post over there per your suggestion but I haven't been here long enough to poat over there. I didn't post here trying to get it done without paying someone. Just don't have an alternative at the moment Are we not allowed to disuss work for pay here? Web Hosting talk has a really good rep and I'd prefer to find someone on these forums. Please let me know if you have any other suggestions

Mark