hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : Mysql and ms sql host

Forum Jump

Mysql and ms sql host

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-07-2007, 05:21 PM

Mysql and ms sql host

I am trying to find a reliable host that can provide both mysql and ms sql for the same site. I know this is not how the site should be designed, and a complete redesign is in the works to streamline everything to mysql, but for now I need a host that can provide both. Our current host is absolutely horrible (seekdotnet.com) as there is an excessive amount of downtime (typically a few times/day for various periods of time). Thus far the only one I have been able to find is Mosso, but it seems a lot of people on here are anti-mosso, or have had problems with mosso. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2007, 06:08 PM
Community Guide

I would suggest investing at least 15$/month if you want a good host.

Old 11-07-2007, 06:40 PM

$15/month is fine. We are currently paying more than that. I need a reliable host that can provide both ms sql and mysql. Thus far the only two I can find are mosso and hostdepartment. I read a lot of bad reviews about hostdepartment, particularly as of late. Mosso seems good unless I want to be able to do a ton of crazy configuration and they are bit pricey, but other than that they seem like a match. I was wondering if anyone has any other suggestions as to who else I can check out! The domain I am trying to find a good host for is rockharbor.org if you are curious.

Thanks,
Tim

Sponsored Links
Old 11-07-2007, 07:59 PM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
Thus far the only two I can find are mosso and hostdepartment.
Finding a provider that offers both should not be that hard, unless you require huge amounts of space and data transfer. Look among the Hsphere based hosting providers, a number of which are listed here.

Old 11-08-2007, 04:27 PM
Disabled

Most Windows host providers will be able to offer unlimited MySQL and MSSQL 2005. Just check the Shared hosting offers in WHT.

Old 11-08-2007, 08:18 PM
Junior Guru

Check for hosts that offer 30 day or more refunds, You can then try out the service, uptimes and speed then select what host is best. You should be able to find a few in the WHT offers.

Best of luck.

Old 11-11-2007, 10:12 PM
Quality Guaranteed..

I would agree.... MySQL and MS SQL 2005 is provided by most of the "Professional" Windows Hosts!!

Cheers,

KVM Linux VPS WHT SPL Windows VPS (With More RAM) IaaS Cloud VM's Super Special Bare Metal Dedicated Servers

Old 11-18-2007, 12:34 PM
Disabled

A good Windows host should be able to offer both MSSQL and mySQL as well as ASP.NET1/2, Classic ASP, php4/PHP5 (using FastCGI). Try offers section.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Tesora's OpenStack DBaaS Supports MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, and MySQL Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 14:53:11
Google Releases Hosted Database Service Cloud SQL to General Availability Web Hosting News 2014-02-12 13:46:02
Google Cloud Provides Support For Native MySQL Connections Web Hosting News 2013-11-01 14:36:06
Web Hosting Sales and Promos Roundup - September 20, 2013 Web Hosting News 2014-05-23 15:42:47
PHP And MySQL Scaling: Preparing A Startup For Growth Blog 2014-04-24 13:27:35