Hardware at rackshack is customers' responsibility

After rackshack confirmed that HD has badblocks, I ask them to either refund or backup and restore my sites on thee server after long waiting, truely unstable server with downtime, losing customers and money and time waist.
    Here are their response:

"As per our terms od service we will not do anything further than the restore we have already offered. We are not responsible for your data and/or the software installed on your server. We will not install any software nor backup your server for you. If you would like us to restore your server, please give the authorization to go ahead. "

Now they showed the trueth, they offer truely "unmanaged server" including software and "hardware". They even would not take any reponsibility of their broken HD and say "it is your business" So..buys, praying when you buy box from there. If you have hardware problems, they will only say" unlucky boy, restore and stand back"

So, eveyrthing is your "bad luck" ...haha

I have to say, gosh really "good" business model.
    No responsibility need to take and no manpower needed to hire.
    They just format the box and pass it to next customer. If next customer complain, they yell "take it or leave it" anyway 200 USD in the pocket already...

Someone may jump out and say "it is just 99 box"
    Well, should the hardware be the last line they need to defend???

God bless the next customer
      0 Not allowed!

i don't get it.

you're saying that you have a bad harddrive, and they won't change it?

i understand that they won't take responsibility for your files, which, you should be backing up anyways.

but, if they confirmed your bad harddrive, they should of course not have a problem swapping it out.
      0 Not allowed!

unluckily, they did not
      0 Not allowed!

if only rackshack could clone 100 patricks, they would be doing alright in the customer support dept.
      0 Not allowed!

When we first had a harddrive issue with them when they first introduced the White Box systems, they replaced it fairly quickly (within a few days). Nowadays, however, they are hesitant to even acknowledge a hard drive problem first swapping out RAM, CPU and other items -- and then trying to swap the RAM again. I guess they've been jaded with the amount of failures that there have been.

In my last server with a bad hard drive, an XP1900, I ended up just cancelling it altogether because the problems persisted and they refused to swap the hard drive.

Interesting stuff. Just cross your fingers with every order that you won't have to go through the whole "swapping" process with them once you're up and running.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Hardware at rackshack is customers' responsibility

Originally posted by howard
    After rackshack confirmed that HD has badblocks, I ask them to either refund or backup and restore my sites on thee server after long waiting, truely unstable server with downtime, losing customers and money and time waist.
    Here are their response:

"As per our terms od service we will not do anything further than the restore we have already offered. We are not responsible for your data and/or the software installed on your server. We will not install any software nor backup your server for you. If you would like us to restore your server, please give the authorization to go ahead. "
    Clearly there is a miscommunication. Rackshack will be happy to replace your hdd. We will not, however, be responsible for your data.

If your problem revolves around corrupted os/data due to a bad hdd, I would recommend that you DO start with a new hdd and fresh install. Otherwise, you may restore the problems from the original install on to the new hdd...

Randy Williams, CTO
    Rackshack.net
      0 Not allowed!

What is a CTO?
      0 Not allowed!

Chief Technical Officer would be my guess.
    24Host, The Next Step.
    Web Site Launch coming soon!
    Virtual and Reseller Hosting
    AIM: TchSpprt24Hst
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by hosticle
    What is a CTO?
    Cheif Technology Officer... i.e. the guy who does all the work
    Jay » [email protected] • AIM » FDrive Support
    Front Drive™ » Advanced multi-domain solutions
    http://www.frontdrive.com/
      0 Not allowed!

ahh, so the person responsible for their not-so redundant network?
      0 Not allowed!

ahh, so the person responsible for their not-so redundant network?
    No, he's the guy that takes the blame because the CEO won't let him do what he needs to do...
      0 Not allowed!

haha, that really does sound like every workplace
      0 Not allowed!

ok, that is what I tried say.
    Their broken HD break my data(I "paid" for someone to check for me cause they "insisted" it "was" not their problems, but it is now) and they just come here to say
    "take it or leave it"

logic is :broken HD generated problems.

when you drive a car to hit someone, you just say "I will replace a new car" and leave....hahaha....

poor consumers and good sales strategy of rackshack...

Luck is the most important thing to buy rackshack 's box indeed.
    If hardware is managed, rackshack should take responsibility of the "problems occured by HARDWARE"

I can guess many people are going to get hit.

good luck
    Last edited by howard; 08-03-2002 at 02:24 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

your data is always your own responsibility. Unless if you pay a premium money for somebody to back up your data.

I wonder, people pay $99/mo at rackshack and would want to get everything possible, including data backup!

Sorry to hear your problem, but sorry to let you know you should have taken steps to prevent loss of data
      0 Not allowed!

em.. I see part of your points and I have been aware of thesoftware parts if you read my previous threads. i just did not write all everytime like:...

So what about the down times and unstability of server due to broken HD? I lost customers due to that. how can I keep customers as easy as I backup datas???
    also, I would have keepen my customers if they listened to me to check HD and found problems in the very first place.
    They did not...

As a newbie here, i would like to hear your opions.

Thanks alot
    Last edited by howard; 08-03-2002 at 02:36 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

If I recall a restore was recommended by support before you brought your issue to the board even by your own previous statements, this would've been a hard drive replacement.

Though I was not there when you answered and they addressed your issue last evening, I was sent an email at home with the list of things you asked us to install and I apologize but Rackshack cannot be responsible for the 6 software installs/firewall configurations, apache modifications and 18 plugins you asked us to install for squirrelmail.
    Last edited by Patrick-EV1; 08-03-2002 at 03:46 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

please continue your conversation in this thread, it seems howard has started two seperate thread on this matter.

the other thread is as follows:

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...threadid=64452

this one is CLOSED
    www.24y.co.uk - Fast Professional UK Web Hosting
      0 Not allowed!