Custom error pages?

I was just wondering how to change your Error Pages? On my previous server, I changed it in the CPANEL. I'm on a Dedicated Host now, and don't seem to see that option anywhere.. can I change this somewhere on one of the files on my server?

in the httpd.conf for apache add the following to the virtual host block for the site:

ErrorDocument 404

I have a "members" section on my site, where people must pay to enter.

When non-paying visitors come to the site, and try to access it, it comes up with this error:

Authorization Required
    This server could not verify that you are authorized to access the document requested. Either you supplied the wrong credentials (e.g., bad password), or your browser doesn't understand how to supply the credentials required.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Is this a 401 error? For some strange reason, going to something like: will bring in the 404 page error correctly, but the 401 error always ends up the default error page.

I linked the 401 Error Document into the same 404 error page, so it should be working properly but it's not.

Any idea on what can be the problem?