Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Looking for affordable UNIX system administrators or technical support services?

Platypus Group offers affordable UNIX system administration... starting at $150/mo per server!

We support Linux (all distributions), FreeBSD and Solaris.

We welcome per-task requests (need any applications installed? removed? want a full security audit? custom firewall solution?) ... starting at $35/hr (on average most requests are done in less then an hour).

We also offer technical support services; we'll become support@yourcompany.com and handle all of your technical support requests... for as little as $125/mo.
    - kevin

for $125/mo you will answer any problem of my clients? with 24/7 support?
    www.rackfive.com
    Aquired by Data Provider LLC.

he is offering himself as a sysadmin, not tech support guy!

Re: Looking for affordable UNIX system administrators or technical support services?

Originally posted by EdgeWise

We also offer technical support services; we'll become support@yourcompany.com and handle all of your technical support requests... for as little as $125/mo.
    not tech support ?

They'll do your tech support for you.

phugo: Yes, we'll answer all of your clients requests, even pre-sales questions if that information is made available on your website, otherwise we'll forward those to you. This is a 24/7 service.
    - kevin

Re: Re: Looking for affordable UNIX system administrators or technical support services?

Hm ... this is rather low price, isn't it? Especially with no limit on the number of support ticket answered and 24/7 support too?

Wow ... but it's hard for me to believe this will bring quality support. If it will, then it's really great offer.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

No limit to tickets? What? Every plan has a set number of tickets and the ability to buy more. ie, the $125/mo "CustomerCare Basic" plan includes 250 tickets.
    - kevin

EdgeWise:

There little contact info on your site...

Where are you located?

Upstate NY
    - kevin

I don't know how good the service is yet but I can tell you I sent up a couple of "support/sales" questions in the middle of the night over the weekend and got an answer within 10 minutes. I am not sure if that proves anything but they did respond very quickly & very friendly.

Robert
    Light travels faster than sound, which is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

hay man your website doesn't really work...u don't seem to have any products page....

EdgeWise

Do you have extensive expertise on setting up software on Plesk 2.5 boxes without breaking things?

Softwares like:

- MIMEDefang 2.16
    - SpamAssassin
    - Updating IMP

Thanks.

jhcashman: The website isnt broken, that section is just reserved for software products only, and since we're not offering any quite just yet that section is unreachable. Products - software (and eventually hardware) products; Services - technical and consulting related services.

jeanjerome: upgrading plesk is no problem; to give clients a piece of mind we first backup your server, upgrade to 2.0.1, do a psadump (another backup...), then go from there to 2.5.0 to 2.5.3.

We can also install/upgrade the applications you've listed.
    - kevin

Anybody try these guys yet? If so what are your experiences.

I’ve been working with Kevin since May of 2001 and everything I have asked him to do he has been able to do quickly and correctly. He does all of the system administration on my server (freeBSD) and I have not had one problem or complaint to date (over a year). He is fast, courteous and has bargain prices. I recommend him and think these new services of his are defiantly worth checking out.

Virginia beach, Virginia and i travel to jacksonville florida alot.
    fishy.......i fear downtime, and crappy service.. Price is TOO Low..

1 excuse.. These guys families are some rich people.

just my opinion

Anarchy-Host - Our prices are competitive and affordable, but I really wouldn't consider them low - for our servercare service the average monthly maintaince is 4 hours to get everything secure and doing misc administrative tasks, so with our servercare basic service is $150 / 4 = 37.50/hr.

As for our customercare services, those prices won't be that low for much longer, we just rolled out that service this past month to gain a larger market while trying to compete with bobcares.com and others, our goal was to get some clients then slowly raise the prices so that we're not losing money off the service, and keeping current clients at their previous (sign-on) rates, because once we had clients our hope was that if they were happy enough with the service that they'd allow us to use them as references (and perhaps allow us to put their website/company logos on our website) and then use word of mouth to justify our slightly higher prices then bobcares and others.

I hope that made sense.

Afterall, honesty is our biggest policy...

- kevin
    - kevin

Hello,

Just would like to ask you if you can post some of your current clients list here so at least we can contact them an get some feedback from your work.

Your quick response is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Amir Golestan
    Executive Director | Micfo
    datacenter facilities in 39 cities across the world | AS53889
    www.micfo.com/datacenter

Here are two clients which have allowed us to use them as references:

OpenXL.com: tvkill@openxl.com (you may read his post above)
    3Wminds.com: info@3wminds.com

I'll compile a larger list in a few days and put them on the Platypus Group website...

- kevin
    - kevin

Thumbs up Impressed !

We signed up about a week ago after seeing this ad on wht. I am very impressed with them so far I have to say. A ticket we just had there (I was watching to see how fast it got answered =) 15 minutes!
    When you see people singing praises on here with low posts like me you always think "hmmm yeh right" .. they do seem really good (and yes weve tried the other options, we all know what they are =)
    24 hour tech support.
    Web Site Builder - Reseller Plesk Deals.

www.Low-Cost-Web-Hosting.com

What would be the price for support tickets, not the system administration. So things like security updates, software updates etc. wouldn't be dealt with by yourselves, just support tickets.

Sorry, forget my last post, I missed the section on your site

Also, when and if we provided you with root, do you sign an NDA or how does it work?

I sent an email about 3 days ago and still no reply.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast