Thumbs up eHostPros = Great Service!

Just wants to give a thumbs up to the guys at www.ehostpros.com! I signed up with a reseller account with them, and the service has been excellent! Very quick and very friendly responses to all my inquiries.

I am glad I decided to go with them and recommend them to anyone looking at getting a reseller account.

I know I haven't been with them long, but so far so good. I will post again in the future with an update and so on.

-Matt

Thanks, Magnet Eye.

Their plans seem quite cheap for CPanel/WHM. However, the amount of bandwith they provide can start to cut it close if you run a couple rather large bulletin boards .

Anyone know how long they have been in existance?

(Heh, I'm not the only Matt here !)
    Matt De Leon
    GreekComm - http://www.greekcomm.com/
    Online Community for Greek Fraternities and Sororities.

aha

Oh, speaking of bandwidth...they told me last night that they are increasing that!

Also, you might be able to "haggle" with them a bit. I kind of had a"custom" plan setup.

-Matt

Heh, how did you recieve this custom plan?
    Matt De Leon
    GreekComm - http://www.greekcomm.com/
    Online Community for Greek Fraternities and Sororities.

I initially posted a request in requests forum for a reseller account. The owner, Rupi, posted and I looked at their plans. While on their site, I got to live chat with one of the guys and I have to say that pre-sales talk is what sold me. Then I sent Rupi a PM and made my "demands" and he was kind enough to work with me.

-Matt

Am I the only one experiencing tremendously slow loading times? I'm trying to navigate through their site... taking quite a while.

I constantly check our website for speed, I am not sure why you have slow conenction to us.

But do check here at anytime for ping and response time at anytime :

http://www.hostpulse.com/app/networktools/ping.asp

I hope that will answer well .

-Rupi
    FastWebHost.com - Business Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting & Fast VPS Hosting
    FastWebHost.in Best India Web Hosting Provider. India Web Hosting
    Hosting Websites Since 2002 in USA, EU, India and all over the world

Hi Rupi-

Who designed you site?

-Lamar
    Going out of business in our 10th year.

They told me they had been around for 9 months in all, 6.5 months as an LLC. (Or was it 9.5, 6 month as LLC?)

eHostPros' site is pretty sharp. The pre-sales person Rupi that I chatted with in online chat was very helpful, friendly and professional.

They have a bifurcation when it comes to who provides their service. If you get a non-reseller account, then it goes on RackShack, but the reseller accounts go on Net Depot (aka DV2.com?). eHostPros hosts their own site on RackShack, so if you want to resell eHostPros, and you want to test their performance in your area, then you should be aware of that. Rupi of eHostPros was clear on this point, when I asked her about RS.

Also, I've read that DV2.com is undergoing Chapter 11, so I don't know what that means for eHostPros' reseller accounts. Hopefully eHostPros can elaborate on this, and on their contingency plans.

Where I am, in the Dallas area, RackShack is a lot faster (around 24ms) than Net Depot, which is average (around 65ms). Why are so many people down on RackShack? Is it the low price that's hurting your bottom line, or is it really poor service? They're about the fastest servers in my area (and Houston is not that close to Dallas, either in distance or in router hops).
    Last edited by TexasMan; 08-03-2002 at 03:03 PM.
    Stephen

TexasMan,

How many hops away are you from RS?
    Norm Sherman @ Netacore
    Fast/Reliable cPanel hosting on premium bandwidth
    http://netacore.com

Originally posted by Perfecthost
    Hi Rupi-

Who designed you site?

-Lamar
    Site was designed by designNYC a wht member

[i]
    They have a bifurcation when it comes to who provides their service. If you get a non-reseller account, then it goes on RackShack, but the reseller accounts go on Net Depot (aka DV2.com?). eHostPros hosts their own site on RackShack, so as a reseller, that's a little misleading and concerning (why not host your site on the same servers that you're reselling?). Also, I've read that DV2.com is undergoing Chapter 11, so I don't know what that means for eHostPros' reseller accounts. Hopefully eHostPros can elaborate on this, and on their contingency plans.
    I don't understand what is misleading ?
    We use RS for shared hosting and DV2 for reseller hosting. Actually it doen't matter which DC we host our site as we are not resellers . We stated using DV2 few months back when we launched our reseller services.

DV2 gives Cpanel servers and IP's which most resellers needs for private nameservers etc.

As for DV2 going under that was explained by sailer why they have done so and I do not beleive they will go under. As for speed they will improve by today as per sailer

Thanks guys

Rupi

Originally posted by eHostPros
    Site was designed by designNYC a wht member
    I thought I recognized Satya's work! He just finished one site for us and is starting on a second (the Perfecthost site).

Your site looks nice.

-Lamar
    Going out of business in our 10th year.

Originally posted by Perfecthost

I thought I recognized Satya's work! He just finished one site for us and is starting on a second (the Perfecthost site).

Your site looks nice.

-Lamar
    Yes Satya did our site

Thanks for your comments Lamar.

Rupi

Where me contact Satya?
    Ask: WebHost, How old are You?
    What a tangled web we weave, when first we practice to deceive!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

Answering questions asked of me:

(1) From my PC, there are typically 12 hops to a RackShack reseller's server (via Genuity and Time Warner's networks). That's about the same as to SplashHost or AQHost (13 hops each). MCHost is actually 10 hops. All 3 of these are about 2.5 times slower than RackShack or the many of its resellers that I have found. (Most of my testing has been from my PC only, which has Genuity DSL rebranded as Earthlink, but I have also tested from locations around the globe).

(2) eHostPros' using 2 different DCs is not misleading. From my perspective, though, I check out eHostPros' impressive site, and am definitely attracted, and get good answers from Rupi, but when I try to test the performance of eHostPro, it turns out that it is hosted on RackShack, but the reseller server is via Net Depot (aka DV2.com).

This is important to me because RS is faster in my area (and did pretty well in other pings & traceroutes from elsewhere). So I just wanted to point that out to others who care about the speeds of their server, considering the likely geographical location of their clients' users.

BTW, in case I implied otherwise, Rupi of eHostPros was completely forthright, professional, friendly, helpful, etc. So kudos to Rupi, and also to Satya for the design of the eHostPros site.

My earlier wording was a poor choice of words, so I've edited it to reflect my true opinion. (It was late at night and I was in a cranky mood.)
    Last edited by TexasMan; 08-03-2002 at 03:10 PM.
    Stephen

I also just moved to ehostpros.com as a reseller.

I had my pre-sales questions taken care of via their live chat and I went ahead with their service.
    After I had things setup, my secound bout of questions were also taken care of in a quick manor via the live chat.

I have no complaints about their service, everything is working as it should.
    (although I find WHM needs a bit customization for my personal use, and ehostpros does not allow new themes. May be more of a cpanel issue there.)

John

Thumbs up

I am new to the reseller biz and I wanted to add my thumbs up to ehostpros. They have answered every question and their service has been great. Keep up the good work!

What happen to the ehostpros, I have a 403 error massage

Originally posted by dino
    What happen to the ehostpros, I have a 403 error massage
    Hmm, I do not see any error page atall, r u sure.
    May be your ISP's IP is in our .htaccess list, no other reason
    No reports from any user of any error.

20 seconds to get home page

I am using a cable modem, and it took 20 seconds for their home page to come up. (fyi - Rackshack takes about a second)

hmm, I have DSL and Cable both and it loads up under 6 sec's for me in california. RS now loads faster though. I won't be keeping that page if it won't load up fast.

I will check with my designer again

I am just about to sign up...

Are you resellers still satisfied with ehostpros?

-Michael
    MIA

Ehostpros reseller :: 1st rate

I have been a reseller with Ehostpros for quite a while and I will give them 5 thumbs up.

Rupi, the sales lead , has been very professional and courteous and I had effortless setup, migration and hosting from their company.

As a web designer, I host 30 plus templates and sites with them and so far it has been amazing.

I would recommend everyone to try ehostpros and get the service, speed and quality you deserve.

Thanks designNYC for your nice comments and support

Cheers

-Rupi

I second designNYC's post, as a shared hosting user.
    Gary King