Question Comments on Server specs?

Hi there everyone. Just wondering what you thought of the following server -

p3 1.26ghz (512k Cache)
    1GB Ram
    4 x 40 GB 7200RPM IDE Hard Drives in Raid 5 (3 actively being used the 4th in as a hot spare)
    Promise SX6000 with 128mb Memory
    Asus Motherboard
    3Com Nic
    2U case w/300W power supply
    All running RedHat 7.3 and Cpanel

The main question that I want to ask is where can I find a nice 2U case large enough to fit the raid card . I've found a few places that sell 2U cases, but none of them seem to want to return my emails .

is the raid card bigger than the motherboard? I guess I just don't understand why you need a special 2U case for your raid card.
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - HSphere Shared and Reseller hosting - Now with HIGH AVAILABILITY
    Fluid VPS - Linux and Windows Virtuozzo VPS - Enterprise VPS with up to 2 GB guaranteed memory!
    Get your N+1 High Availability Enterprise Cloud
    Equinix Secaucus NY2 (NYC Metro)

The RAID card would stick out of the motherboard pretty high since it'd plug into the PCI slot.

but most 1U/2U rackmount cases have PCI riser cards which make the PCI cards horizontal inside the case... so its not a factor how tall they are

oh... and about ur issue with emailing hardware providers... most of these places are too stuck up to reply emails in any timely manner, i know, i've shopped around a lot... the best way to get an answer about them is to just call them...

Have you tried rackmountpro.com? They are pretty nice and easy to work with.
    Mike @ Xiolink.com
    http://www.xiolink.com 1-877-4-XIOLINK
    Advanced Managed Microsoft Hosting
    "Your data... always within reach"

rackmountpro.com

i bought my entire 1st batch of rack cases from them... 1U boxes... their cases were poorly constructed (front flap would break off too easily)... and their power supplies got too hot... (i was right beside the a/c output, literally, at a datacenter... and the things would still be hot enough to cook an egg on... very poor fans and ventilation)

i suggest just going to: http://www.pricewatch.com n looking thru that...

Really, we bought some 3U NAS boxes from them and they were awesome! Did you pick the cheapest 1U case?
    Mike @ Xiolink.com
    http://www.xiolink.com 1-877-4-XIOLINK
    Advanced Managed Microsoft Hosting
    "Your data... always within reach"

rackmountpro.com carries Chenbro, right? They are suppose to be pretty good.

rackmy... i don't think they were the cheapest... but yes, i will admit they were cheap... and to top it all off, they were 1U... so i will agree with you, some of the overheating was my fault (by buying cheap hardware)... but not all of it... cuz even cheap hardware should not be able to cook an egg... (this is where someone chimes in with: you get what you pay for)...

i was just going through rackmountpro right now and i see they have changed a LOT... cuz i bought my servers like 2 years back... i especially like their 16-hotswap HDD bay 4U rackmount case... i think i gonna get me one of those... heh... with their 8-port ide controllers... heh

i wanna play around w/one of 'em babies... heh

oh yeah... and you're right about their sales/support... they are nice and easy to work with... which definately made my experience worthwhile enough to not run back for an exchange...