Thread: .asia domains

.asia domains

when will be .asia domain available for register for none trademark companies. I want to register domain of my name. when this is possible?

I believe in the landrush period in March or so.
    Take a look on www.dotasia.org for more info, I'm chillin and don't want to look it up

any registrar you recommend?

Still in sunrise period, the general public will have to wait till Feb 2008.

for new domain name like .asia, this is long investment.
    you will wait until you forgot the domain you have, than it will become valuable.

not point for .asia

.com is still better.... and cheaper..

people might apply .asia and then route back to their .com

.asia seems to be good one for targeting specific Asian market which is still in developing phase.

Quote Originally Posted by eglim View Post
    when will be .asia domain available for register for none trademark companies. I want to register domain of my name. when this is possible?
    Currently it's planed that there will be a landrush in February 2008, if there is more than one "application" for a domain during the landrush then there will be an auction for this domain.

Planed for March 2008 is the go live where you really can register domains after the first-come first-serve principal.

Also you need one local contact to be eligible for the registration.

I think that it haven't launched yet. I have checked with google.asia. It doesn't work for now.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998.
    >>Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers and virtual private dedicated servers.
    >>>>Wholly owned multi homed network, servers and facilities.

Quote Originally Posted by ~ServerPoint~ View Post
    I think that it haven't launched yet. I have checked with google.asia. It doesn't work for now.
    The sunrise period 2a is already over, on November 13th 2b and 2c will start.
    During the sunrise periods you just place an application, therefore you are not sure that you get the domain and there will be no dns entries.
    You have to wait till next year to see "live" domains.

So as far as I understand I can register domains now and they will start working since new year?
    Please let me know if I'm incorrect. To be honest I would like to have some domains in the .asia zone.
    ServerPoint.com - a true hosting company offering online presence solutions since 1998.
    >>Web Hosting, colocation, dedicated servers and virtual private dedicated servers.

So as far as I understand I can register domains now and they will start working since new year?
    Please let me know if I'm incorrect. To be honest I would like to have some domains in the .asia zone.
    Currently you can only place applications if you have a trademark. For applications without trademark you have to wait till February.

I can send you a fact-sheet with detailed information if you send me a pm with your email address.

if you dont own a trademark you'd have to wait till feb 2008
    Bashar Al-Abdulhadi - KuwaitNET Internet Services Serving customers since 1997
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Twitter: Bashar Al-Abdulhadi

anybody know, currently which registrar has accept registration this .asia ?

www.asia and read the registrars page

they are accepting pre-registrations , not live
    Kuwait's First Webhosting and Domain Registration provider - an ICANN Accredited Registrar

Quote Originally Posted by Bashar View Post
    www.asia and read the registrars page

they are accepting pre-registrations , not live
    Hi Bashar, thanks for the info.

if you dont own a trademark you'd have to wait till feb 2008
    Trademark at all or trademark registered in Asia?

Trademark at all or trademark registered in Asia?
    Sunrise Period 2b starts on November 13th and is "for trademarks and service marks registered and in full force and effect, and applied for on or before December 6, 2006".

It doesn't matter from where the trademark is, but you will have to provide at least one local contact.

Thank you for information.
    In this case I think a lot of companies must register domains.
    One more question: If someone miss this moment and do not register domain name, someone will be able to register it for own needs, right?

if they dont register it and the name is a TM they can file a UDRP and get it or so