Talking Call a Spammer today! They were in and out!

Well I just got off the phone with a spammer.

The email was from [email protected]

The guy that answered the phone said he did not know anything about the email. I asked him if he could pass me to someone that did. He said no all he could do is tell me about the hosting.

I called back and got the very same guy. This was also the same guy on the voice mail start of their phone system.

I asked him if I could talk with some one in charge. He told me it just sounded like I wanted to start some trouble.

I was very nice and told him that I wanted to talk about the spam that had send out. The guy hung up on me.

I called back again and the parson answered HELLO.... I asked who was speaking he told me he was Bill. He worked for the cleaning company. I asked what cleaning company and he said I was getting to personal. He hung up on me again.

From the way I was handled on the phone I am guessing I would not want to host with this company. I am also guessing that other people called them as well!

They print their phone number... Just don't ask about the email!
    "For more information on this offer, please fill out the form below
    or Call us at: 561 671 9968 9AM to 5PM Eastern Time"

The email has a form on it what uses a [email protected] email address. I have emailed excite.com and asked them to close the account.

I have also emailed the ISP they used to send the email.

We must fight back on this crap!

It is sad to need to Spam to get customers........

Regards,
    Dale Crow
    GH1.com
    GH1 Web Hosting Inc.

Ohhhh you should have recorded it , sounds good though or should i say fun .
    Professor of crime at St Andrews university.

Not sure about the laws about that....... It was a hoot! The guy pretending to be a cleaning guy!
    Dale Crow
    GH1 Web Hosting, Inc.
    http://GH1.com
    The attention span of a computer is only as long as its power cord.

When he said you were looking for trouble you should have said:

'Fine, I'll call <Insert upstream provider here>...'
    -Mat Sumpter
    Director, Product Engagement
    Penton Media

I want to make it CLEAR! I was not rude at any time! I was never ugly!

I just think we need to start calling and taking up as much of their time as we can and make it so they will think again about sending out spam!

It kills me to get spam from other hosts!
    Dale Crow
    GH1 Web Hosting, Inc.

you just know there's people on this board calling that number right now.... and you just know one of them is going to be RewDog

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Originally posted by akashik
    and you just know one of them is going to be RewDog
    ** Tunes into WebHostingRadio **
    Chris Adams - CEO - Rochen Ltd. - chris (at) rochen (dot) com

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services.
    rochen.com | rochen.co.uk | blog.rochen.com | forums.rochen.com | Twitter: @rochenhost

I use to listen to WebHostingRadio, and I remember when they called up a host, I think it was AIT.

Originally posted by JTY
    I use to listen to WebHostingRadio, and I remember when they called up a host, I think it was AIT.
    The best one was C*I*Host, when they started asking them about the reseller plan, poor C*I*Host employee. It must be awful at the end of the call to find out it's on radio.

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services.
    rochen.com | rochen.co.uk | blog.rochen.com | forums.rochen.com | Twitter: @rochenhost

heh, I just received the same e-mail too.
    Reported to Spam Cop.

Btw guys, do Spam Cop and other services like it really help?
    Which such service is the best one to report spam to?
    Etrinix Corporation
    http://www.etrinix.com

Originally posted by CrowMan
    Not sure about the laws about that....... It was a hoot! The guy pretending to be a cleaning guy!
    It is perfectly legal to record any phone conversation as long as one of the parties know they are being recorded... IE YOU. If you either call someone or they call you, you can record your own conversations. Of course it's against the law to record a phone call between two other parties without their permission.

phoneaspammertoday.com

Let's start a website where everyone reports spammers (nothing new there)... but everyone who participates will pick one spammer a week (so as to keep costs down) and call them and politely make a comment that "their unwanted email is not appreciated and to please refrain from it in the future"

After a few dozen or hopefully hundreds of calls from everyone they'll get the hint

well i used to know many aol spammers but i don't their phone # lol. yea how did u get the spammers phone #?

Originally posted by coBra
    well i used to know many aol spammers but i don't their phone # lol. yea how did u get the spammers phone #?
    It was on the email I believe

Regarding taping Laws.............It depends on which state you are in.............You can read here for more info....

http://www.rcfp.org/taping/

Some states do not allow one party consent..........

Sparrow

hahaha thats great!

i am gonna have some fun and call the next spammer that emails me.

I had a funny one like that two days ago myself.

"Hi, this is XXX from XXXXX Media. We produce CD-ROM business cards, and we were wondering if your clients would be interested."

"Well, my clients mostly have dynamic websites. How does it work with those?"

"What's a dynamic website?"
    Is Canada the best? Noo Doot Aboot It!
    "And on the eighth...day...God...created...Mankind. WHY WAS HE HAVING SUCH A BAD DAY?" -- Mick Foley

BTW, a first for me: yesterday I had a phone call from a lady trying to sell me HGH (Human Growth Hormone)...
    On my work phone number, of course.
    http://www.voilaweb.com - the Social Internet Toolbox.

I think we all need to stat calling the people sending us all this trash!
    Dale Crow
    GH1 Web Hosting, Inc.

out of control....

Weve gotten all these as well.
    Not at just one email add but ALL addresses.
    Regular spammers seem to be the
    ***********.com fiasco (you wont get through to their phone number even tho its plastered all over their emails)
    Ive gottem repeated emails on the hormone treatments, and tons from mortgage, insurance, traffic magnet and others.
    HostCaters.com - Quality Web Hosting - Under A Gig! - Since 1999

Well i'm a good phone pranker by the way but i still don't know the law in the uk no doubt in the uk it's totally legal to record your conversatuion on the phone just like everything else is legal in the uk.

Anyway it's only right that when you put the phone down to keep the realness effect for the call you phone him/her back and tell her what you have done.
    There's this guy near me and him and a freind phoned up like 15 pdeople and went just mad at them and blaming people for phoning him and saying he's going to know them out etc and now the guys got cd's of these calls in HMV making thousands off them i would think although there still rare luckily and what i'm saying is there's still a massive chance that the person won't mind you have recorded the phone call..

Big money to be made out of these phone calls like..

Look at the Kerky Boys there a load of rubbish and still made thousands..

Seriously big money.

Off topic but well ..
    Professor of crime at St Andrews university.