Rename business vs. subsidiary?

Recently, been realizing that people aren't really able to pronounce my business name. It is Digistic Networks, basically pronounced like digit minus the 't' + "stick". Or if they are close to getting it right, they pronounce it "digistics".

So now I'm wondering... should I rename my business to something else, or for things like my front-end business, have a subsidiary. So I'd keep my core name, license, accounts, etc., and just do the hosting front under another name.

Any thoughts? I could rename it, but it would be a pain. Have the business registered as an LLC, bank accounts, paypal, existing subscriptions, software+contracts, etc.
    Ken Robertson | Linked Labs | linkedlabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Qgyen View Post
    Recently, been realizing that people aren't really able to pronounce my business name. It is Digistic Networks, basically pronounced like digit minus the 't' + "stick". Or if they are close to getting it right, they pronounce it "digistics".

So now I'm wondering... should I rename my business to something else, or for things like my front-end business, have a subsidiary. So I'd keep my core name, license, accounts, etc., and just do the hosting front under another name.

Any thoughts? I could rename it, but it would be a pain. Have the business registered as an LLC, bank accounts, paypal, existing subscriptions, software+contracts, etc.
    Well if its more trouble then what it is worth, then just keep the existing business name. Sounds like what you are leaning towards from what I can read from your post. You can always just get a DBA in another name to operate under and it would be cheaper then converting everything to the new name. Just got to make sure your customers are aware of the 2 names when billing etc so they know its from you.
    LaneHost.com | Professional Web Hosting Solutions
    Affordable Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting & Dedicated Servers at Great Prices!
    Follow us on Twitter!

For web based companies pronunciation is only fractionally as important as spelling. I've heard a million different pronunciations of my company's name, but aside from normal typos everyone can usually remember how it is spelled when typing in the url.

That being said, it may be worth it to register other domains based on common mis-pronunciations just to be safe. For instance, if someone I was speaking to said i should check out "Digi-stick" i'd likely type in digistick.com, but that's just me. You may find it's worth it, you may not.
    Ubersmith Datacenter Edition
    Complete Billing and Facilities Management for Enterprise Hosts
    Now featuring fully integrated Bandwidth Billing, Remote Rebooter Support and IP Management
    http://www.ubersmith.com

It might help if you spell it like this: DigiSTIC (maybe)

--Tina
    ||| 99.999% Uptime SLA!!!
    Plenty of space and bandwidth to fit your needs!
    www.AEIandYou.com - - (WP Friendly - Premium Reseller Hosting and Cheap Dedicated Servers)

Hmmm, I'm not going to be popular, but largely for others considering setting up (cos it's a bit late for you).

Pay more attention to selecting your trade name / brand, BEFORE setting up.

Sorry if thats harsh, but I feel it's right somebody says it.

in your paricular case - what about - DS-services, or something like that ?