hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Web Hosting : heads up...iis6.0!

Forum Jump

heads up...iis6.0!

Reply Post New Thread In Web Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old
WHT Addict

heads up...iis6.0!

Heads up people, looks like microsoft HAS already deployed their new web server into production, a.k.a. IIS6.0

http://uptime.netcraft.com/up/graph/....microsoft.com

I heard about this on another forum. This should generate some interest

Sponsored Links
Old
Junior Guru

unknown OS

Old
is useless

Quote:
Originally posted by MTG
unknown OS
I'm willing to bet is a Windows based machine... Unless they have made a unique version of iis for their use and are running it on a *nix system...

Personally, I've grown quite fond of Apache...

Sponsored Links
Old
Web Hosting Guru

it's probabbly the new .net stuff...

Old
Community Guide

The 'unknown' is caused by the massive amount firewalling, and load balancing to keep their servers up.

Old
Currently in Beta

i read somewhere, i think it was computer weekly or something along those lines, that they run a heavily moded version of win 2000 as they get hacked so often. that may be why it comes up unknown.

or what JTY said. eithers good.

Old
Web Hosting Master

Microsoft run a mixture of systems on microsoft.com and partner sites, however it is all 100% Microsoft. They use Compaq Proliant and Dell PowerEdge Servers.

Currently they are running Windows .NET with IIS 6.0 and Windows 2000 Advanced Server with IIS 5.0 in clusters.

They did the same thing when Windows 2000 went into beta testing, they ran part of the network on NT4 and part on Win2k beta.

However, one point I should make here, when they run beta software they have the Windows development team standing by encase anything goes wrong. So it's not like just anyone beta testing. It is also good as it helps iron out most of the bugs before final release. They don't however run their whole network on .NET/IIS 6.0.

They have actually been using IIS 6.0 on production servers since the fall of 2001, so it's nothing new

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services.
rochen.com | rochen.co.uk | blog.rochen.com | forums.rochen.com | Twitter: @rochenhost

Last edited by Rochen; 08-02-2002 at 06:47 PM.
Old
Currently in Beta

is there anything you don't know rochen?

Old
Web Hosting Master

Where babies come from

Old
iNET Interactive

Quote:
Originally posted by rochen
Microsoft run a mixture of systems on microsoft.com and partner sites, however it is all 100% Microsoft. They use Compaq Proliant and Dell PowerEdge Servers.

Yeah, looks like hotmail finally moved off the qmail servers

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
is there anything you don't know rochen?
Quote:
Where babies come from

Quote:
Originally posted by The Prohacker

Yeah, looks like hotmail finally moved off the qmail servers
Yeah, I used to have one of the old accounts on there, the SPAM has gone up and up ever since my account got moved

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services.
rochen.com | rochen.co.uk | blog.rochen.com | forums.rochen.com | Twitter: @rochenhost

Old
Web Hosting Master

Man the amount of hotmail spam is untrue. I wanna know how they get your address

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
Originally posted by The Laughing Cow
Man the amount of hotmail spam is untrue. I wanna know how they get your address
I know, I was just thinking the same because I am not listed and never have been listed in the hotmail or any directory. I am also not subscribed to any of the MSN Newsletters. I don't use hotmail that much, so it doesn't really bother me. Maybe Bill has been selling the addresses in bulk on the side for a few billion

Old
iNET Interactive

Quote:
Originally posted by The Laughing Cow
Sometimes MS has to 'reset' their database, and your settings to stay out of the public dir's get set to yes instead of no

Or an accident happens, and they all default to yes

Old
Web Hosting Master

Quote:
The 'unknown' is caused by the massive amount firewalling, and load balancing to keep their servers up.
Yeah... That's it....

"Your data... always within reach"

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Australian Government Makes it Easier for Agencies to Move to Offshore Clouds Web Hosting News 2014-08-12 20:03:06
UK Government COO Behind Cloud Push Resigns to Return to Public Sector Web Hosting News 2014-08-06 14:23:28
GoDaddy’s Acquisition of Smart Calendar App Canary More About Team than Technology Web Hosting News 2014-07-11 10:54:18
Brazil Signs Internet Bill of Rights into Law, Compelling Service Providers to Follow New Rules Web Hosting News 2014-05-01 08:33:56
Rackspace Offers OpenStack Training Sessions as Part of MIT January Term Web Hosting News 2013-01-15 14:05:08