Maximising Uptime.

OK, age old problem. My uptime isn't good enough. Any recommendations?

I am using WHM / cpanel, and have checkservd running, however that has it's limits.

I thought of installing monitoring software and get the servers to monitor each other.. maybe an uptime monitoring service?

I do belive that if I know when there is a problem instantly (e.g. via email) this should be sufficent for me to greatly improve uptime. But I don't want loads of reports saying "there is a problem and we fixed it" like checksrvd.

If you're looking for a remote uptime montoring service, I highly reccommend Alertra ( ). They offer a 30 free trial so you can decide whether or not you like the service, and after that it's a pretty modest fee to continue service.

That said, if your uptime isn't doing very well, maybe you're running a kernel prone to memory leaks or something?
    Jay » [email protected] • AIM » FDrive Support
    Front Drive™ » Advanced multi-domain solutions

489 < -- can monitor your servers and email you ever minute they are down - I use it, works good on the most part at alerting of problems. can email you periodically when it scans every 15 mins etc..
    Matthew - Burton Hosting
    low cost shared, reseller, VPS & dedicated solutions for over five years - we've got what you need. - server monitoring service for all!