Thread: ASP Hosting

ASP Hosting

Gentlemen:

I am posting this message because I am somewhat ignorant to the world of hosting and need some advise from people that are more knowledgeable than myself. It appears there are a number of great people on this site associated with good hosting operations which leads me to think this is the place to ask my questions.

I have a couple of my own domains that are currently hosted on Brinkster. One of the domains is on a Brinkster server that is constantly down for reasons Brinkster wishes not to disclose. I have no problem with the disclosure thing, but I cannot afford to have the site down as much as it is.

This should not be construed to be a wrap on Brinkster. They have, for the most part, provided a very good service for very little money. However, I have a feeling that I might be housed with a number of other sites where the webmasters either don't know what they are doing, or are violating Brinkster terms by doing stupid things like loading objects into application and session level variables. Anyway, I think it is time to consider some other options.

I do have a coule clients where I provide the hosting. I am not setup as a reseller, I built the sites for these clients and also take care of the hosting. All the sites are ASP based. I could easily have many more clients in the future.

The Web site experiencing the server problems is fairly new, but it has potential to be big at some point down the road. At present I am not even pushing 1gb a month. However, that could change in a big way between now and spring 2003.

I am looking for a solid ASP host at reasonable prices. Any ideas?

You might want to take a look at hostpacket.net
    They have pretty good prices and offer asp - I've heard only good things hear on WHT about them.
    And I've talked to Kevin at various points in time and he's a good guy too it seems =)

I think you sent me an email about this, anyway you should now have a reply with some anwsers to the above questions
    Chris Adams - CEO - Rochen Ltd. - chris (at) rochen (dot) com

Now offering both US & UK premium business hosting, reseller hosting and managed virtualized services.
    rochen.com | rochen.co.uk | blog.rochen.com | forums.rochen.com | Twitter: @rochenhost