Thread: My 1st website

Cool My 1st website

Hello people,
    this is my first website, done with Dreamweaver (and not so many skills actually)

www.productions.ravagli.com

I already made a modification which anyways is not yet online: i've added CSS to make the letters size fixed width, in fact if you will try putting large or higher characters in this version, it will screw up really badly
    So for now i suggest looking with normal size chars... of course i accept any other comment or critic

Thanks in advance!!!
    Knight_

|Webmaster - www.ravagli.com - [email protected]|

Looks great for being your first web site.

Nice work, Knight_!

Thanks everyone!
    I would like to know if people who use a different browser from IE 6.0 have visualization problems or other issues, since i was able to test my site only in this one.
    Thanks again in advance to who will review my site
    Knight_

Thats your first LOL ?????

WOW Nice job. I wish I could do something like that on the 10th try lol

Cheers
    For a great new forum please click on my weblink.
    ALLWAYS LOOKING FOR MEMBERS
    VISIT ME AT
    http://www.jmdsforum.com

I am using IE5.0 (Mac) and all looks good.....
    nice, clean site........
    My only recommendation would be to use a better suited web font.....I found the existing font a little difficult to read.

cheers
    --

Hehe thanks! really... before it i made half a try which didn't satisfy me at all (i didn't even know how to do a layout in Dreamweaver), and so i bought the book "Dreamweaver for Dummies" in which i found some interesting tips and so on... then i made a lot of practice with photoshop trying different colors/styles, and i read a whole bunch of tutorials on the net
    I tried to do something with a personal design, and not an anonimous thing (i dunno if i was able to do that tho)
    Anyways i'm now studying engineering but i would like to work as a graphic designer in the future so i need to practice... next months i will be doing a flash+html website for a musical band (progressive metal genre) and when i'll get it done i will post the link as well, but it will be a much more difficult work i think...
    Best Regards!
    Knight_

Originally posted by 21inchguns
    I am using IE5.0 (Mac) and all looks good.....
    nice, clean site........
    My only recommendation would be to use a better suited web font.....I found the existing font a little difficult to read.
    The original design uses the font "Century Gothic", not sure tho if it's the one you see in your browser (i know NOTHING about Mac, so i may suppose you see a different font than mine???)
    If you are referring to the century gothic one, i thought it was pretty easy to read, but i will make a try with other fonts to see which looks better.
    Anyways, do you guys think is it professional putting an advice (like i've seen in many sites so far) for people who visit the website to download the right font to see the site properly?
    I don't know, i always thought that if you put a person that doesn't even know how to make a download or install a font in front of a warning like "For best experience download the "Century Gothic" font clicking here" he would probably get scared and run away!!!
    And it's the last thing i want for my website hehe!
    Thanks once more!
    Knight_

yeah century gothic is the one I was referring to.....It could be just me that had a hard time reading it.......

I wouldnt recommend asking someone to download a font to view a site properly.....I know when I see sites like that I usually leave.....I am just too lazy to download and install a font.....and so are most web users....

cheers
    --

If that was where I started in web design, by now I would be putting pixelbrick and 2advanced out of bizz , well, maybe not, but you will do great down the road with a beginning like that.

Opera 6.0
    Mozilla 1.0

Site looks fine in both of these browsers as well as IE. My only comment would be to add a little more text on the home page about what you do, cause when I log onto your site I see "Photo Abums and Technological equipments" which means nothing to me, I would say replace those two phrases with s short description about what you are trying to offer.

If you don't go this route at least change the font of "Technological equipments" to something a little easier to read.
    www.pajcorp.com -- coming soon to an internet near you...

Oklahoma Sooners all the way baby!!

Like most people have already said..great first design. If you are planning on going further with design..this is certainly a great one to look back on fondly.

Only one comment from me is that easy_photo_menu.gif and robot_menu.gif look really blurred. I see you have put a glow on the text. Although this would probably look good if the text was much larger...it looks really bad this small. Try removing the glow and those gif files will be clearer instantly. It is only a really minor point which is an indication of how good a first design you have made.

Good luck with the albums.

Simon

Looks good in chimera .4 in mac os x. nice job
    movabletypehost.com / xarayahost.com / tikihost.com : Interested?
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?p=3691760

Thanks once more for all the useful advices you all have gave me
    I was already putting some more text in the homepage when i studied some tuts on how to optimize sites for search engines, and i've read a page without text is not the best.
    As for the blurred gifs, i will try to make them a bit less glowy as suggested
    See you soon, when i will make the changes i will make you know!
    Thanks again and regards!
    Knight_

not bad at all!
    TextAdMarket - http://www.TextAdMarket.com
    Supply & Demand Advertising

Very good for a first one. I'm still embarassed about my first one (or two or three for that matter).
    D. Lyles
    Uniquest Designs

very good for being your first one. YOu have great potential being a designer. Keep up the good work