View Poll Results: How much should I wait for a response?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • 24 hours

9 81.82%
  • 1-2 days

2 18.18%
  • 3-4 days

0 0%
  • 1 week

0 0%

Thread: Funny or not?

Funny or not?

I am looking for a reseller account. I read a lot of posts and articles about it and yesterday I start sending e-mails to hosts asking for details.

I started with one host that has a nice package and I read only good things on WHT. I sent e-mail to sales@ 22 hours ago and I asked something on their forum after 30 minutes. No answer until now but I think this is ok for a sales question.

5 minutes ago I see a recent post of the owner of that host. I did a search for his posts and here is what I discovered. In the last 22 hours he posted 21 times. 4 posts are offers in the Web Hosting Requests forum.

This person is the one who is answering the questions posted on his forum.

The situation amused me but I am a bit disappointed.

I have now some second thoughts. I see a lot of post about companies who are doing their best to look good on WHT but they neglect their clients.

What do you think? Is this the case? I am too impatient? Should I wait a bit longer?

You have every right to be disappointed, although it depends too what type of email you sent them (I mean language used, type of questions etc.). Sometimes people don't get answers because they have never asked in the proper way. Although I believe that this wasn't your case and always customers and non customers deserve an answer.

There is also the possibility that they haven't received your email...maybe..

Originally posted by MikeMc
    always customers and non customers deserve an answer.
    Yes. A prompt "go away, we don't want you" is better than no response.

I did my best to write a polite letter but I asked a lot of questions. Maybe they dislike that.

Or maybe he forwarded the letter to some one else to answer so he come "go out there and drum up business"
    24 hour response for pre sales questions is OK, but like you noticed, he was out there and presummably available sooner, so he should have answered sooner.
    I think it would be wise to check emails before websurfing if you had a online business.
    Put this one on your "iffy" list.
    DANG DANG! DANG!!
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

Try messaging them on WHT occasionally people have email problems, forget to pick up email on certain accounts, etc. It sucks, but it does happen. Whenever a client of ours has trouble with their mail or ours, they just use WHT, or another instant messanger to get ahold of us .

*wanders off to verify his sales@ works* lol

Sales staff tend to work 9 - 5 ... the owner doesn't necessarily handle sales information. So, if you are in a different time zone i would give them 24 hours before passing judgment.

Gah! tell me it wasn't mine lol, i just went to check, we've never had a sales email, just a catch-all to grab all the others, and i found the catch-all was disabled , hrm, wonder if the mailserver has crap thats been going there logged .

Originally posted by porcupine
    Gah! tell me it wasn't mine lol, i just went to check, we've never had a sales email, just a catch-all to grab all the others, and i found the catch-all was disabled , hrm, wonder if the mailserver has crap thats been going there logged .

I am sure now. It is very funny!!!!!

Maybe I will get a response in 24 hours.

Here is a suggestion: Link you forum to WHT. Support/Sales/etc. You will improve your response time and keep everything under control .

And please ask me the fallowing questions.

Do you need to send you that mail again?

You never received a sales email?

You mean that you have all the e-mails I sent to ...@prioritycolocation.com in one catch all account? So .. If I am sending an e-mail to [email protected] ( Technical Support ) it will have the same effect like my sales e-mail?