2Checkout users..please help

I setup a 2checkout account today so I can bill customers for hosting services..what I dont know is how do you get the customer's details such as their password, the domain they want to host and so on...because when you click on ORDER..it'll just take you to 2checkout's order form and fill out contact details.
    but you cant get their other details.

also..since hosting packages come in monthly payments...so do i add the product as "recurring payment" or just as normal product?

also..i want to use 2checkout to charge cutomers for domain registration too..what is the best way to do this?

thanks all!
    <<Please review signature formatting guidelines>>

I get the domain/username/password/etc with a form they fill out before they get sent to 2checkout.

Monthly - recurring yes.

I do domains as a 1 time non recurring fee and just go by the warnings from enom about expiring domains who to send reminders to.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Arrow

How did you go about programming the form?

Simple php -> email form which goes to another page that's nothing more than a table with links to the payment options.
    Gary Harris - the artist formerly known as Dixiesys
    resident grumpy redneck

Hey Tdotn...listen to Dixiesys here he knows what hes talking about!

Here is the one I use:
    http://www.ftls.org/en/examples/php/form2mail.php3 real easy to setup and use.

I did a really simple 2CO order form...

Takes username, password, and domain, and passes it to 2checkout and the information is sent back in the email...

If anyone wants it, I'll zip it up, and make a short readme on how to install it...

I use afh.php from cluxa.com it costs $15 but allows you to add multiple forms to one script ,very easy to setup well worth the $15
    ,i think there is a trial version too
    If you only need one form then formail will do fine ,if you intend to redirect to multiple pages and need multiple forms then go with afh.

thanks for the tips..i've just written a quick perl script for this..

php all the way.

If u want a simple script I use PM me
    HostHeadQuarters.com
    Reliable Hosting
    Great Support

I use phpManager as an order form

Not free, but provides me all the details and enters them into a billing system so I can keep account of them.

does anyone know how to customize your orderpage? i know you can customize the header and footer...but how do you left align the order form ?

You can do it with CSS I think.

Grab the html from the order page, find the CSS tag, then define TD's or whatever to be aligned left, not sure, but that may work.
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

Originally posted by tdotn
    does anyone know how to customize your orderpage? i know you can customize the header and footer...but how do you left align the order form ?
    Give a link so we can see the page in question.

Lightbulb

Make a table with the width of 522 and have it centered. Insert your image in that table, and align it to the left.

>>Give a link so we can see the page in question.

https://secure.sarvihosting.com/order/virtual.shx <link is this..fill out their form..then the next page is 2checkout's page.

i was thinking..would it work if I make a the header.html page with ONLY TOP HALF of a table (html) then the footer with the bottom half of the table (html), so technically..this means that what ever is in between the header and footer is INSIDE the table..hence we can align it to whatever we want? would it work?

CONFIRMATION. I tried the method i mentioned about and it worked nicely!
    Last edited by tdotn; 08-01-2002 at 10:02 AM.

>>Give a link so we can see the page in question.

https://secure.sarvihosting.com/order/virtual.shx <link is this..fill out their form..then the next page is 2checkout's page.

i was thinking..would it work if I make a the header.html page with ONLY TOP HALF of a table (html) then the footer with the bottom half of the table (html), so technically..this means that what ever is in between the header and footer is INSIDE the table..hence we can align it to whatever we want? would it work?

CONFIRMATION. I tried the method i mentioned about and it worked nicely!
    Not quite sure about that, but what I suggested would work. I've done it myself..

Originally posted by The Prohacker
    I did a really simple 2CO order form...

Takes username, password, and domain, and passes it to 2checkout and the information is sent back in the email...

If anyone wants it, I'll zip it up, and make a short readme on how to install it...
    I would appreciate that script if you could send it. What we are using now is lacking.

You guys almost made my day with all these new orders,... but then I found out hardly any of them were real

tdotn, check your 2CheckOut admin menu, there is a customize link where you can upload header and footer.
    (SH)Saeed