Unhappy Sick of arguments in threads

This whole increasing your post count thing is doing my head in, you cant make a simple post anymore without it causing an argument.
    eg. i posted selling some templates, i said they werent that great but that i didnt have time to improve them right now due to other commitments. I got one serious offer and some guy trying to start an argument.
    nearly every post you read has an argument now........why dont people just chill out

I am in total agreement with you! I can only imagine how frustrating it must be for potential web hosting clients to come in here and have to weed through the arguments comments that seem to litter every thread. There's a huge difference (in my opinion) between a healthy debate and what goes on most of the time.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so what.

Sniff a flower.

Kidding =)
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

When you consider it WHT is a hotbed that certainly isn't going to suit everyone, and everyone has their time in the sun, and of course the opposite.

This place has always been like this if my memory serves me.

Im still trying to remember my username from a year or two ago.... lost it when I changed ISP's
    dotGig

I understand that there will be arguments, they exist everywhere, I just think its a bit sad that people have to start arguments over everything, The advertising forums are supposed to be for you to advertise your products/services and i think its out of order when people start arguments in them.
    As wired dog said, then potential customers have to wade through all the pointless argument just to see the offer.

Yep, I agree, someone posts an ad, and another competitor says.

I'll beat that offer by X amount.... hahah damn
    dotGig

I disagree!!!

There's never too much arguing!

There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Booyah i disagree with SWR on the topic he disagrees with because i agree with the topic he agrees with and i agree on that topic because he disagrees.

Understand?

You both are SUckWrong!, but in a way I agree, kinda, one sec, nope I definitely agree with the untruths you're passing around in a disingenuine kind of satirical way.
    dotGig

lol

I might agree (or not) with Samuel.

It all depends if I can figure out what it was he said.

I really don't want to argue with you SWR but if I must, then I might have to. Come to think of it, isn't it mandatory to not do it?

Really, think about it this way, if I was to try to convince you what I just said, would I really mean what you think I meant?

Its enormously perplexing how simple of a concept it is to just want to give in and fight to the death.
    dotGig

dotGig

That's it! Not enough arguing!!

Dude! You are totally wrong!!

Where did you get those figures from? Didn't they teach ya no guzintas in them fancy schools?

Let me recap this thead for those that haven't joined it yet.

Taz was givin away some templates.
    Some dude said, "Hey dem designs aint finished!"
    This upset, not only taz, but others that hadn't even read that particular thread. As the distruebing elephant just kept harpin on the "unfinished work."
    Taz starts this thread. (you woulda thought he woulda learnt not ta start threads around here)
    He starts a thread about not being able to post without an arguement.
    This confuses me profusely. So I leave and go to a forum elsewhere. And drink coffee and pick flowers.
    I come back here, serveral days or weeks or minutes later, to find that someone had posted in this very thread.
    Not wanting to be left out; I posted one of those, "I agree" thingys.
    Well, there must have been some bug (technology is like that).
    Because I come back later to see that my post had obviously been tampered with to say that I disagreed.
    Which, in reality, would be the truth that I could never admit.
    Some dude, then states that he disagrees with me and a bunch of other stuff I am still having trouble comprehending.
    I think.
    And think some more.
    It just isn't working.
    So, I stop thinking and read some more.
    There is a new post!
    Seems someone. And I'm not gonna mention any names *cough*Samuel *a-hem*
    *cough* again
    I gotta give up them cigarettes.

OH

OH

Are you happy now???

I am using this quick reply box and I can't see what I've written. And I surely can't remember if I've written. Or where I was. Or if I am.

I just need to know how much it costs for extra bandwidth?

And

Can I get fries with that?

300 bucks for a 1.5 megabyte connection.
    dotGig

I haven't been here very long, but I have noticed a lot of childishness in threads. And unnecessary insults.

I think if you are advertising your services, those not interested in the offer should shut up or ship out. And rivals shouldn't be allowed to post at all! That defeats the whole purpose.

=) Just to clarify my post above is a joke in referrence to the one above, I'm not advertising bandwidth =)
    dotGig

It's a shame really. I remembered how simple the community was back last year when I first registered. The only flaming ever going on pertained to ***** and Kikko...

With the increasing number of hosts that fail to do their jobs, influx of newbies into the industry and such, it's only normal that there are more arguments than ever Not that it should be encouraged, but... It's just a fact of life for now.

If you see any such threads on the forums, just ignore it. If everyone did the same thing, there wouldn't even be an argument sitting around long enough to be answered to, right?

I disagree!!!

There's never too much arguing!

What some people are used to others are not. It's a question about what atmosphere you like to live in. Some people really like to argue - some doesn't. Free us for arguing.

John

Why do i have the feeling this thread is going to turn into an argument on whether or not the poster is sick of arguements in threads...
    Don't like what I say? Ignore me.

The problem is that most people don't know how to argue, therefore, they are crushed by those that do. It reminds me of that Monty Python skit ...