Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Bandwidth reductions at Webreseller :(

Looks like I got my last server just in time

Why the huge drop webreseller? (450Gb down to 200Gb) I may have to go elsewhere for additional servers now
      0 Not allowed!

200GB is a fair amount for a server if it's being used in a shared environment. Are you really envisaging using 450GB per month? I would love to see the load of a server that pushed a steady 450GB a month if it was used in a shared hosting environment.

I think since RackShack started offering 300GB, some people have begun to think that huge amounts of bandwidth are the norm, but I would put money on that 90% of people won't go over 100GB a month on their 300GB servers.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, I agree, not many will ever use that much but I guess some are otherwise they wouldn't have lowered the quota. I think I'm pushing around 250Gb on one of ours

It means I may have to alter my shared hosting plans in future

RS started it, others followed, maybe this is the start of a retreat to the ways of old!
      0 Not allowed!

At least their P4 offer still has 450GB of transfer.

Peter
      0 Not allowed!

The changes in plans will soon be even more drastic. Current customers will have access to a members only section that will allow them to get much better deals then what are posted on the site.

This means that the 450 GIG transfer will be available to current customers the majority of the time, the $149.95 server will also be available and sometimes it may even be less with no setup.

We are roling out our new model which is geared toward reseller channel partnering. Our focus will be with establishing new reseller channels and offering current resellers the best prices available and first glances at new products. (There will be MANY coming soon)...

I hope this clears this up
      0 Not allowed!

Does the 200GB apply to new customers or would someone like me (who purchsed a few weeks ago) still get the 450GB?

jt
    http://myrmid.com
    Affordable hosting for people who need lots of space and bandwidth. Personal plans available as well.
      0 Not allowed!

Could someone tell me why their home page still says, "coming soon....Plesk Server Administration"??? They are already offering a Plesk server.
    Matt De Leon
    GreekComm - http://www.greekcomm.com/
    Online Community for Greek Fraternities and Sororities.
      0 Not allowed!

All purchases up to today get 450 GIG and shortly they will get access to our members only section.

In regards to Plesk, there is a new Administration item that will be arriving shortly that will allow us to offer our customers a higher service level...
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by voxtreme-matt
    200GB is a fair amount for a server if it's being used in a shared environment. Are you really envisaging using 450GB per month? I would love to see the load of a server that pushed a steady 450GB a month if it was used in a shared hosting environment.

I think since RackShack started offering 300GB, some people have begun to think that huge amounts of bandwidth are the norm, but I would put money on that 90% of people won't go over 100GB a month on their 300GB servers.
    Yep, I guess though depending on the type of server, RAM, processors etc and what type of data it's pumping out. Maybe static html pages but if you have heaps of sites with heavy processing power required, loads are going to climb. 450GB of that kind of data on a normalish kind of machine makes for highish loads, IMO.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up
      0 Not allowed!

Looking at the DV2 bankruptcy thread, I'd prefer the bandwidth cuts over the same happening to Webreseller!
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by SpiralHost
    Looking at the DV2 bankruptcy thread, I'd prefer the bandwidth cuts over the same happening to Webreseller!
    Yes. I will gladly pay $500/mth for great servers in excellent datacenters where there's someone on the floor 24*7 to keep things humming along. Cheap is not good when you have $1500/mth in revenue riding on each server...
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up
      0 Not allowed!

Yeah. I chose webreseller for their semi-dedicated service and their nice staff. I was able to get a ticket answered in less than 30 min during normal business hours

I don't mind the 200GB maximum. I'd worry what the overages are on my server, though. I just like having a big overhead in case someone decides to use a lot of bandwidth for the month. Out of my network, I average around 250-275GB/month on my servers, so it's just a little over webreseller's max.

Hope to do more business with you guys. I appreciate the first month I've had

jt
    http://myrmid.com
    Affordable hosting for people who need lots of space and bandwidth. Personal plans available as well.
      0 Not allowed!

I just wanted to add that for our current customers in the very near future you will have a section dedicated to you for adding more servers at previous specials. So overall to sum it up the 450 gb will not go away for our current customers.

New customers once in the new system will have access to those as well.

Also JT thanks for your comments.
    ---------------------
    "In the end you start thinking about the beginning"
    "You shouldn't take life to seriously, you will never get out alive"
    "Every Passing Minute is another chance to turn it all around"
      0 Not allowed!

I think rackshack sums up incoming/outgoing traffic....
      0 Not allowed!

Yes, to confirm you, they do.

Peter
      0 Not allowed!

In the spirit of being anxious to get my hands on some new servers, when will this new "members only" area be available?
      0 Not allowed!

Next Friday
      0 Not allowed!

webreseller since i still can't get your people to reply to me could you tell me how i go about getting my account # for your billing section to make sure i got refunded?
      0 Not allowed!

We have recieved all 15 emails pertaining to the same issue within a 5 minute period and responded to one of them

Shall we post it here.
    ---------------------
    "In the end you start thinking about the beginning"
    "You shouldn't take life to seriously, you will never get out alive"
    "Every Passing Minute is another chance to turn it all around"
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by JBIZ718
    We have recieved all 15 emails pertaining to the same issue within a 5 minute period and responded to one of them

Shall we post it here.
    sure please post the times too

they have been seen my server was backup so ?? 29th is it? please post dates and times i have submited maybe again you just have'nt checked your tickets or emails?

and lol it sure is funny i get ignored until i have to get forced into posting here.

lol you really bring it on yourself i mean i get no response for 2-3 days asking my billing login and then i post here and withing 20 minutes boom i have the email and saying ooh want me to post this on WHT ?

if i had got an email back within a considerable ammount of time i would'nt of had to post would i?

thanks for your time
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by voxtreme-matt
    I would put money on that 90% of people won't go over 100GB a month on their 300GB servers.
    You don't have to put money on that, because it's pretty easy to get a reasonable estimate.

If you look at the RS bandwidth charts and sum the averages, you will see that they have 1500 Mb/s of outgoing traffic.

Assuming that they have now 7000 servers and that 1Mb/s = 300GB/month.

Average server bandwidth = 1500 * 300 / 7000 = 64 GB traffic per month per server.

Off course incoming traffic, shared servers, their ISP business all neglected.

Jan Derk
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by webreseller
    Next Friday
    Hope you can keep that promise. I'm looking forward to see how your member-only area would look like. It sounds cool!
      0 Not allowed!

I'm looking forward to buying one or two of those $0 setup servers
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by no1v2
    I'm looking forward to buying one or two of those $0 setup servers
    Yeah, me too
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by webreseller
    Next Friday
    Okay, it's Friday now. So how do I get into the member-only area?
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast