* Please , some feedback on Powweb.com

Hi there , ..

Just a slight relief from the mass of CW threads on the board (to which I have also contributed)

We have never yet used www.powweb.com for hosting .

It appears to be quite a good hosting setup . I particularly like the amount of interaction via the forums .

If anyone has an ongoing association with Powweb or has used them in the past , could you please relate your experiences here .

We currently use an east coast based hosting company .

Thank You .

Try doing a search on the forum. There are loads of powweb stories around here.

No problems ... I do normaly use the SEARCH function , but I wanted to hear some "fresh" thoughts

So far .... it ain't looking good .

If moderators want to REMOVE this thread to make some room for another CW thread , go ahead .. no complaints from me .

LOL...I doubt they'll want to do that!

Well, my "fresh" opinion as a former customer is "Stay away from Powweb" before it is too late...

Originally posted by MTG
    Well, my "fresh" opinion as a former customer is "Stay away from Powweb" before it is too late...

Thank you for your short but to the point opinion . Have a beer on me . Oh and btw , I will not be using them for our extra sites .

Stay away from powweb

I do web design and had a client hosted her site on powweb. Within the first few months, we had several problems with them, and when we emailed support, we got a reply about 4 to 5 days later saying that there were no problems, and the site was up and running, well of course it was up and running, the site was down 4 days ago! not now!

The server was REALLY SLOW, i ran ikonboard, knowing ikonboard is a resource hog, BUT the board had NO posts and it still took long to load.

Their mail server seem to ALWAYS have problems, at one stage, my client didnt get emails for over a week, she emailed support (using another email) but never got a reply, so i gave it a try and never got a reply either.

Finally we switched to VO after doing some research on here and a few other boards and newsgroups.

so my advice, stay away.

tdotn, you're absolutely right...

Best way to find a good review on Powweb is to ask our members themselves (as opposed to biased folk that actually work for our competitors).

We have an awesome community forum @ http://forum.powweb.com. We are one of the first hosts ever to offer one and still the only one moderated by our own customers.
    [mB]~monkey_king [Good Server Admin]

Hello,

I'm just wondered !! Right now in this forum, there are about 4-5 new threads about the Powweb. Seems all their customers have been e-mailed and were asked to Come over here.

Good luck for both sides.
    Amir Golestan
    Executive Director | Micfo
    delivering the divine hosting experience™ | AS53889
    www.micfo.com

The threads are not new.
    mr monkey is just "being thorough"
    DANG DANG! DANG!!™
    I know ***** ripped off everybody else, but they wouldn't do it to me.
    "When you use bottom feed for bait, you are only going to catch bottom feeders."
    "You do what you are, and you are what you do."

Yeppers.

Originally posted by mr monkey
    Best way to find a good review on Powweb is to ask our members themselves (as opposed to biased folk that actually work for our competitors).
    Yeah, it's all a big conspiracy against Powweb!

I wouldn’t go that far. I was always told if you want info go right to the source.

Dont forget, our community forums are moderated by our customers, so anyone looking for fair and honest feedback about Powweb, should post their questions here AND at http://forum.powweb.com.

I don't work for a competitor ..

I just read, and learn, the comments from the simian chappie are of the dummy spit variety and that's the first thing that turns me off, there's no need for schoolyard taunts in the real world

So, tell as mr monkey about your company's 24/7 support....

Email is answered 24 hours a day and we provide telephone support Monday thru Friday, 9 - 5 PM (PDT).

Of course, we also have an awesome support site, a killer FAQ section and a community forum that can’t be beat anywhere.

Of course, we also have an awesome support site, a killer FAQ section and a community forum that can’t be beat anywhere.
    Cyberwings had the most community-driven support this industry's ever seen as well. Shawn received an almost cult following from his users because of the perceived service level they received.

This is really turning into a school-yard nyah-nyah fest. I hope you can back up that claim for the best community forum, I hear WHT's pretty good.

-Matt

Originally posted by mr monkey
    Email is answered 24 hours a day
    Really?

From my own (and many other people's) experience, I have never received any reply to my emails during weekends or holidays... Not just 1 mail... More than 10... If it was friday afternoon I had to wait till next Monday for a reply... Very good support

Email is answered 24 hours a day and we provide telephone support Monday thru Friday, 9 - 5 PM (PDT).
    So you have *employed* people on staff, 24/7? (Where can we verify this since you posted it?). That is what 24/7 means. It doesn't mean you can send an e-mail 24/7 and when you have someone on the clock, they will get to it.

But I am sure you knew that........ mr. monkey......