Thread: Computer Needs

Computer Needs

Hello,

Yes, I do know that this is in the wrong forum, but it said I can't post an advertisement for 5 days....sorry, but this is urgent.

My name is Noah Halter, and I am in desperate need of a new laptop. My laptop was smashed to pieces when it was dropped down the stairs (don't ask ) and I stupidly did not purchase a warranty for it.

Now here's the deal:

I will do ANY and EVERYTHING you need design/programming wise for as long as you need me. I will do site design, programming, site redesign, logo design, print design, banner design, etc.

My latest work is here:
    http://www.vinylserver.com
    http://205.177.13.32/~fabrikated/ (in progress)
    http://205.177.13.32/~fabrikated/swiftyhost

I was actually working on this design deal for an individual, when he said that he wasn't 100% sure that he would go through with it. I was wary, so I cut it off.

Here is the design I was working on. It is yours if you want, as is the SwiftyHost design, as that host went down. Keep in mind that this is a VERY early beta design.

http://205.177.13.32/~fabrikated/involt

The laptop I am looking at at the moment is :
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...?sku=A575-2020

Yes,it is expensive, but after a few designs, it will pay for itself.

You can contact me this way:
    AIM: Subsektion
    Email: jigglefabrik@yahoo.com

Thank you,
    Noah

P.S. I am, again, very sorry for posting this here, but it is very important to me. Thank you.
    Last edited by NoahH; 07-31-2002 at 01:39 AM.

WHOA! I just noticed that the Involt designis not the updated version. Let me fix that.

http://205.177.13.32/~fabrikated/involt
    Lead Designer @ SingleHop

Well.. no offense Noah.

But... having someone else custom build a website for a company, would be cheaper than buying you that laptop. Not to mention having the chance of you jump ship and be shady. It might even be better. (From looking at your current designs.)

I know our site sucks, but a new one is being made. If my designer told me he wanted a mac laptop @ $3,000.00 or more. I'd laugh in his face, and he knows that.

Your best bet is to go get a work at a company OR find some clients and borrow a machine.

Work hard and buy it yourself, don't count on other people to be nice because you messed up. It's life.
    Jason

Re: Computer Needs

Originally posted by fabrikated

Yes,it is expensive, but after a few designs, it will pay for itself.

I already addressed that. Also, isn't there some kind of way to protect scams? Not that I would, but I know that you would be a bit wary.

Also, I am willing to do UNLIMITED amounts of work.

Noah

P.S. I am willing to do a preview first if you wish.

I have also changed the laptop to a much less expensive one.

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...?sku=A575-2020

<:EDIT: You changed the laptop >

Hehe

why not a $800 laptop instead
    or something with lower specs

I am willing to negotiate if someone contacts me.

just a suggestion:
    you would save even more money if you bought a desktop rather than a laptop...
    and really most designers usually prefer/do their work on a desktop(pc and/or mac) 'cause laptops are really not designed to be efficient running photoshop/illustrator/flash, etc; plus colors on a lcd are not as good as on a regular monitor... of course, unless we are talking about apple's titanium powerbook(but price is way too high)

but if money is an issue, and u do design for a living, get a desktop...for that laptop price, u can get a better pc instead...

seriously, no one in their right minds would take the offer you have posted because there is really no guarantee that you won't "jump ship" (as someone else kindly pointed out)...
    and if there is a legal binding agreement that you sign with whoever gets u the laptop, then it's really more like an employer hires u and provides u with a laptop to use...

try getting more cases and save money..
    or you could always search for a 2nd hand laptop... ebay has some good auctions sometimes...

I have a PC....a very good one actually. But I used my laptop as much as my PC, and I am much more efficient using both.

Also, isn't there some kind of way to protect scams? Not that I would, but I know that you would be a bit wary.

Well actually, i think its quite worth it! If your someone who owns multiple companies and need a few sites redesigened you can save yourself some money!

The laptop itself is $1,500.

Normally, a site to be redesigned, programmed, launched, would cost about $400. So if you needed... o wait never mind.

$400 is very cheap for a site.

Why not just offer your services to multiple companies for cash, since you have a desktop, and then buy a laptop yourself? You would be better able to find design work with several different companies than to find one company willing to spend that much.

$1,500 is not much at all for design/programming...still, no one seems interested

That actually is quite a bit of money for a design when its not a flash design.

Okay, you may not think $1500 is much at all ... but why not offer the same thing to three different companies for $600 each?

You'd end up with $1800, be able to cover taxes and shipping, and you'd be able to get the jobs from the clients because the prices are so low. You said yourself that you are willing to do "unlimited" work ... so why not do three complete sites for three clients?

I would rather work with one company.

Sorry to butt in here...but you might have to do it with more than one company...you're the one in need of help...not these companies. You might have to be a little flexible when you're asking for something like this.
    Lime Drop Marketing!
    Web Design | Graphic Design | Logo Design
    http://www.limedrop.ca

Well, I am willing to work with more than one company. But I am not great at getting clients...

When you are only charging them $400-600 for a fully designed and coded site, with the backends, if you can show some previous work to them, then the clients should find you themselves. Find a couple more forums like this one, and start advertising ...

But going about it like a kid in need of cash isn't going to help find clients. Showing them that you can create serious websites will.

Just my 8 cents. (2 for this one, and a few more for my other posts in this thread).

Yeah...stop going around saying "buy me a laptop and I'll design you a wesbsite"

Just say that you're looking to gain some additional work and willing to fully design and produce a back end for web hosting or other companies for about $600...or even don't mention price and negotiate it...might be able to get more.
    Lime Drop Marketing!
    Web Design | Graphic Design | Logo Design
    http://www.limedrop.ca

Thanks guys.

i agree with kcdworks...
    u are asking for one company to shed $1500 to someone they dont know for no-guaranteed work...

easier to find 5 companies and do 5 sites for 300bucks each...
    cheap for them, good for you...and you are not tied to the "unlimited" sites clause.... just 5 and u have a new laptop..

of course...why restrict urself to 300bucks...charge whatever u feel is right for ur work/time....
    the point is you are better off finding clients to do sites for money than one client to buy u laptop....