bommel Guest

Question Relevance of mail address in WHOIS info?

Hello,

I have a domain at Moniker which has an old Gmail address in the WHOIS info. Is it somehow possible to change this address to my current one? If not: Is this address relevant in any way? I still have the Gmail account but would like to close it for good. If anybody else would register this address then - would this ease things for him to gain access to my domain?

I entered my current address as the one to be used for password retrieval, transfers etc.

THX for your help!

bommel

Just log in to moniker and update your whois info to change the address..

It is VERY important you update your email address to a current one. It would be possible to hijack your domain if you closed your gmail account and somebody else reopened it. Possible, but not probable. At least at Moniker. You need to be able to receive mail going to your whois email address.
    Signature Under Construction.

bommel Guest
    Thanks for the advice, stu2. I now entered info@mydomain.com for the whois admin email. For the other address which Moniker uses for password retrieval etc. I used a secure third party address which I have since 1997.

Just so long as info@mydomain.com is a valid email address to which you can receive email you should be good to go. Actually, I like using gmail in my whois because of their excellent spam filtering, which you will eventually get once spammers has trolled the whois database.
    Signature Under Construction.

geronimo1 Guest
    I believe there are some instances where your domain name can be taken away if you cannot confirm your identity... and email is one way of confirming your identity