cPanel->Dreamhost - best transfer method?

Since I've moved my main domains off of my dedicated server, I've gotten tired of paying $100+/month, so I've been looking into Dreamhost... So far everything looks great, and I want to get a subscription tonight - however I have a bit of a problem....
    I host 47 domains, about 150 databases, and I have no idea how to move them all over... Any suggestions for moving all this over to Dreamhost? They have shell access, so I can probably just .tar.gz everything in /home, and move it over like that... But I have no idea how Dreamhost's /home folder is organized, or if they even have one - let alone how I'm going to backup/restore the databases.

Just thought I'd add this:

What about transferring email accounts, and ftp accounts? Is there an automated way to do so?

Why not contact dreamhost and ask them? They might even be willing to transfer things for you.

Are those 47 domains your own or are they paying webhosting clients?

With the emails I'm sure that dh will unpack the email-raw files to the specific email accounts you just tar them.

Take a cpanel full backup of one account and transfer it to DH. Extract to somewhere convenient and then set about moving the files to the appropriate locations. Do everything through ssh, even things you can only do through the panel like creating e-mail accounts and databases - use curl to do these (work out the urls and form fields by doing it first with a browser).

When you're done with the first account, grab your history file and edit it to make a shell script that you can use to restore all the others.

BTW, how much do you value your time?
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

Ugh... I obviously don't value my time THAT much
    I've already tried asking Dreamhost and they said they don't offer any transferring services.
    And yes, I do own all of the domains.

Anyways, would you mind going into more detail foobic? Whats the secure ftp/ssh transfer command (I can't recall it), how do I use curl to create the accounts, etc.

Thanks

For the transfer you could use CPanel's own system (in the full backup options). For curl start with "man curl" (I do value my time!).

Seriously, it's going to be a huge job to transfer 47 accounts no matter how you do it. Why not just get a cheap CPanel reseller instead of DH?
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

or move to a VPS account - will that do the job?
    SimpleNode.com :: Superior Hosting Solutions
    Affordable and reliable hosting plans are not impossible