Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
    I don't know what are chances people shop on support and reputation alone, but I am one of them. For a hosting company out of 100 million competitors to stand out and become so successful, a young guy with no background to get so successful, I don't know what are reasons that differentiate him from hundred millions competitors that try to get beyond him? except luck, hardworking, I think there are more, the spirit of what people belives your company has that is unique from others. ) add oil

I cannot comment on hostgator's new plans because this is something that is hostgators business. I hate it when other hosts who are supposedly competitors make posts about other hosts.

I think this should be banned on WHT as its simply cheap. If not then hosts should not be allowed to post signatures in such posts.

I feel stupid when paying for something like 600GB of space which I will not be able to use. As If I pay money for whatever you have told me or advertised, then provide what you have promised.

Whenever seeing such large space quota, I just close the browser and never return to that company, because you will never know what will happen to the server or what happen to your account.

Quote Originally Posted by hostgator.com View Post
    Most of us have been at unlimited for a while now so let's not kid ourselves.
    You should have just summed up your blog post by saying what you did, but in a single sentance:

"we are lying to you, but the others do it as well, so we think that makes it ok"

Tell yourself what you want, but what you have admitted in that post is very clearly saying that you are false advertising and that is illegal.

The problem I see now, where can you go when your competitors start to take the new sales again? When you offer everything, the only other option you have now is to start dropping prices. If you take in less money for the same service, only the customers suffer from cost cutting measures.

In the end, it can only be downhill for your company now.

Quote Originally Posted by Wullie View Post
    You should have just summed up your blog post by saying what you did, but in a single sentance:

"we are lying to you, but the others do it as well, so we think that makes it ok"

Tell yourself what you want, but what you have admitted in that post is very clearly saying that you are false advertising and that is illegal.

The problem I see now, where can you go when your competitors start to take the new sales again? When you offer everything, the only other option you have now is to start dropping prices. If you take in less money for the same service, only the customers suffer from cost cutting measures.

That all makes since to me. I am leaving them soon any way do to the inode issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Wullie View Post

The slippery slope of marxism.

oh come on, this isn't new. lets not kid ourselves here.

They were offering plans that their clients couldn't use to their max before and now they are doing it again and people are complaining?

They also dropped their shared hosting price by 30%.

It used to be 6.95

Hostgator basically has an unlimited supply of diskspace and bandwidth so we don't care who uses what, and some actually will use it all.
    We are still going to continue putting our 200ish accounts per server and anyone that causes downtime will need to be moved. This is the same thing hostgator has been doing since we launched.

To sum it up....

Cause downtime = in trouble
    Not causing downtime = eat your heart out

I always love the short, to the point replies of any HG representative here. All clear!
    hi there!

Quote Originally Posted by hostgator.com View Post
    Hostgator basically has an unlimited supply of diskspace and bandwidth so we don't care who uses what, and some actually will use it all.
    We are still going to continue putting our 200ish accounts per server and anyone that causes downtime will need to be moved. This is the same thing hostgator has been doing since we launched.

To sum it up....

Cause downtime = in trouble
    Not causing downtime = eat your heart out
    well that makes me feel a little better but that guy on live support was rude about the inode thing.

Quote Originally Posted by amygdela View Post
    I always love the short, to the point replies of any HG representative here. All clear!
    That because everyone loves Brent. He wins hearts

Quote Originally Posted by HostSentry View Post
    That because everyone loves Brent. He wins hearts
    Ya he is cool.

Our prices haven't dropped at all we just added a two year and a three year offer that we didn't have before at a discounted rate. We don't recommend paying for more then a year up front with us or any hosting company for that matter. We've never done this before but I'd imagine the percent of people who pay two to three years up front is going to be less then 1%.

So why did we add something we don't recommend doing?

About 30% if not more of our sales come from affiliates. If you take a look at pretty much any affiliate comparing hosts they usually list the really cheap two or three year option. Example.... www.hosting-review.com

Hostgator was ending up on the bottom of any list if on it at all because our price while the same as the others on a month to month basis was being compared to the other hosts three year option without them knowing it. It's the old bait and switch and while we held out from doing it for years that has now changed.

If you don't convert you don't get listed. And to convert well your plans have to be close to everyone else's along with price.

I thought you had 3 years when i signed up as i thought thats what I got.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Related Posts from theWHIR.com