TAKING MY MONEY AND RUNNING...(Worried)

Hi,

I have several reseller accounts (Win/Linux) and pay monthly/quarterly for all. I am very happy to do this but would now like to go dedicated as I have enough customers for this, my problem is I find it very hard to 'trust' some of the cheaper companies (which I MUST use to make my business worthwhile).

Obviously I would be gutted to loose any monies if the provider closed shop but more importantly where does it leave me if my clients websites just vanish.....what a nightmare!!!

Surely this must ne an issue to many other web hosts like myself, can anyone offer their experiences regarding issues such as this? Am I just being paranoid?????

Hellppppppppp......arrgghhhhhhhh

Re: TAKING MY MONEY AND RUNNING...(Worried)

Originally posted by sportypants
    . . . . . . Am I just being paranoid??? . . . .
    Probably.

Some of the less expensive provders have been around a while. And show no signs of just vanishing anytime soon.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

I believe companies will start to show certain signs when they are getting close to folding up. Unlike retail shops discounting everything when they "say" they are about to close, web hosting companies might try to raise the prices to get some money. Some companies that are in trouble may even be ones that have a large customer base, but their plans are so inexpensive that they lose a lot of money. Just my $0.02.
    Matt De Leon
    GreekComm - http://www.greekcomm.com/
    Online Community for Greek Fraternities and Sororities.