View Poll Results: Have you had good experiences with www.bluedomino.com?

Voters
12. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 8.33%
  • No

11 91.67%

Ever done business with www.bluedomino.com?

Hi,

I'm switching web hosting companies, and was wondering: has anybody ever done business with BlueDomino.com?

Thanks,
    C. O'Connor

IT Hosting,

Very interesting. Thanks for bringing that up!

Originally posted by mas3000
    What does this mean?

It means mas3000 hates Unlimited Bandwidth, just like everyone else here

(Post removed)

Originally posted by C. O'Connor
    What does this mean?
    If you look closely at the face, the puke pile reveals the word "unlimited". Its one of those wierd things on this forum...

I don't quite understand...why do you guys hate this unlimited data transfer/bandwidth? The agreement might be a bit sketchy, but what's wrong with it? It sounds good to me. I read the posts that IT Hosting linked to, but it seems as though if you don't use too much of it, it's not a problem. Reactions?

It's a community issue and has been covered ad infinitum. The problem is, hosts who offer unlimited bandwidth invariably have a clause in their TOS negating the offer. Therefore, using the term is deceptive. As there are a fair number of dishonest hosts about, why consider one that offers a blatant deception? Of course, some of these hosts aren't bad. The company I work for offered unlimited bandwidth and disk space when I was hired. After listening to various arguments here, I convinced my employer to change their plans. Hope this answers your question, I think everyone is tired of arguing about it.

but it seems as though if you don't use too much of it, it's not a problem. Reactions?
    correct, you use only 1GB of bandwidth a month...suit yourself, go with the unlimited host...but you also need to worry about the fact that there are other clients on the servers that may be using 100+GB which means the the host is paying big $$$ for their bandwidth.....many unlimited hosts only charge $1/mo (or there abouts) which means they are unable to stay in business for more than a few weeks...do you really want to change hosts every few weeks?? i think not...

you need to find a host that you can trust, and has an out right TOS/AUP of which you understand everything...you need the perfect host that will treat its customers right and not worry too much about money

Wouldn't you rather have a definite limit rather than having to worry about being shut down?

Originally posted by Ankit
    It means mas3000 hates Unlimited Bandwidth, just like everyone else here
    Yep. I had an experience a few years ago with an unlimited host.

I was interested in bluedomino for my first host but I found a clause in their TOS stating that picture galleries of any kind were unacceptable. On the humour site I had at the time, I had about a dozen thumbnailed pics. I emailed them asking if the 12 would be ok and they said no. So i went elsewhere
    -Chris
    "There are 10 kinds of people; those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Also, if they state unlimited, they will also limit your bandwidth (no picture galleries as above mentioned, no downloads, etc). If you have a clear bandwidth boundary, then there is no restriction on legal content for the most part.

I had an experience a few years ago with an unlimited host
    Me too
    Not to mention any perticular names but they are the host that everyone only tries 'once'

Stay clear of unlimited

I tryed unlimited three times.

Regretted it twice
    -Chris
    "There are 10 kinds of people; those who understand binary, and those who don't."