Hybrid View

I need advice for hosting

Hi,

I will establish a job board like monster.com and it include picture, video resume and text resume and social networking features thats why I need very reliable, FAST hosting company. My web site is prepared by ASP. Page number can change between 300-350. Which hosting company do you offer. If you help me about it I would be very happy.

Do you already have a site? What kind of budget, diskspace, and bandwidth are you using? If you tell us more, we can help advise you on a host.
    Bobby - PreciselyManaged.com - Precision Hosting Solutions
    █ Enterprise Shared, Reseller, VPS, Hybrid, and Dedicated Hosting
    █ SpamExperts | CloudLinux | cPanel | Bacula + R1soft | and more!
    █ Full proactively managed, and we specialize in hosting small web hosts

I hasnt finished yet. I dont have much information about hosting. A web designer is preparing it but I need really fast and reliable company. What can you ofer me about it

budget can be 25-30 dollar

Quote Originally Posted by bilgenv View Post
    budget can be 25-30 dollar
    You should be able to find something in this category. It should allow you to have plenty of room, and room for the future. Any host you choose, make sure they have a good upgrade path. Since you are doing videos and other stuff, you're going to need more bandwidth, so I would make sure that you can upgrade quickly and easily.

If it's coded in ASP, you will be looking for a windows host. Personally, I've never used a windows based host, so I can't offer any recommendations. I have learned however, that windows based hosting is more expensive than linux, and by all rights it should be due to the costs involved.

Personally, I have not used any windows hosting, so cannot give any suggestions. Did you get a chance to look at the offer section? Check the hosts that provide windows hosting solutions.
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.

Quote Originally Posted by bilgenv View Post
    Hi,

I will establish a job board like monster.com and it include picture, video resume and text resume and social networking features thats why I need very reliable, FAST hosting company. My web site is prepared by ASP. Page number can change between 300-350. Which hosting company do you offer. If you help me about it I would be very happy.

Is your site developed in ASP or ASP.NET? I would be suprised to see a brand new site being developed in ASP, that technology is quite old.

Consider looking at a VPS. I realize that its potentially out of your budget, however, it would give you alot of flexiblity and options moving forward - especially if you think your site is going to grow quickly.
    BitFlow Hosting
    High Performance Windows VPS & Dedicated Servers
    100% Canadian
    www.BitFlowHosting.com

ASP? I pray you're not using an Access database.

"Jet can support up to 255 concurrent users, but performance of the file-based architecture can prevent its use for many concurrent users. In general, it is best to use Jet for 10 or fewer concurrent users."
    Charlie Lee - Applied Innovations Support Team
    Windows 2003 and E-commerce Hosting Experts
    Shared/VPS/Dedicated solutions; 24/7 support
    ASPDotNetStorefront - Installation included!

Quote Originally Posted by AI_CharlieL View Post
    ASP? I pray you're not using an Access database.

"Jet can support up to 255 concurrent users, but performance of the file-based architecture can prevent its use for many concurrent users. In general, it is best to use Jet for 10 or fewer concurrent users."
    I have to agree here. If you are expecting to have a large database that can scale, do not use MS Access. That's what MS SQL is for.

yes ı am usin ms sql wich hosting company do you offer??????????????????????

You can find more about the hosting companies in the offers section.

Good luck!
    ██ SoftSys Hosting ██ - 14 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise Class Replicated Cloud Servers For HA

Cloud Hosting With Anti-Malware, IDS/IPS, WAF & Litespeed - Windows 2019 Shared Hosting w/ Plesk

Hello bilgenv,

Hopefully you are in good hands now, but if you are still looking, I would put jodohost and cartikahosting down as two solid looking providers to research.

Good luck w/ your search and best wishes!
    Allen Burnett StormHosts aburnett@stormhosts.com
    Professional MS ASP, .Net, MS SQL 2000/2005 and Reseller Hosting Since 2001
    Clustered servers @ Equinix Helm/cPanel/WHM/VPS/colo/Dedicated/MailFoundry anti-spam/Server Mgmt

we are having such sites you want to design and i am 100% sure that you cant run the sites in a server you are trying to get for $20-$30 and this type of sites need large amount of disk space ( 1 million resume need atleast 100 GB in RAID 1 ) and lot of RAM owing to parallel connections.

More over to run a job portal u need a set up like this

1 ) 1-2 mail servers
    2) 1 file or http server
    3) 1 database server

in my experience this is the minimum need to run a site like monster.com ( i use monster for years for my recruitment business) so its better to sit again and decide on the volume of the site

Just give more information like do you won that site ,what kinda disc space and bandwidth you using...?