Thread: Flash Music

Flash Music

What are the legal restraints when it comes to incorporating music into flash on a commercial web site. I realise you can download tunes from Flashkit.com etc. but let's say I wanted to use a song by a famous artist, would I run the risk of being sued?

Cheers.

Re: Flash Music

Originally posted by Jonny
    would I run the risk of being sued?
    Something like that, yes.

Ok, thanks. Is there anything I can do to get around this?

Originally posted by Jonny
    Ok, thanks. Is there anything I can do to get around this?
    Yes there is actually. You contact their lawyers and find out what the licencing fee for using the artists music is, pay the costs, then use the song in accordance with the contract

In some cases an artist may allow you to use their song for nothing... but I can't think of any offhand - after all, that music is their source of income in most cases.

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Well, I dont think you should really worry too much if your site is very very small scale. I will suggest licensing it of course but if you are too small a player the music recording company will not even bother to sue you.

They will sue you if you are a bigger fish.e.g. if sony.com usas a Britney 'Im a Slave for you' song in their Flash without licensing they will get sued. If your company website looks like this: http://technografix.hypermart.net/ ,they will hate to waste time on you.
    What you can do with Cpanel ------------------> |||||
    What you can do with Cpanel XP+CpanelAPP -------> ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Your competitors are cashing in with Cpanel XP & CpanelAPP, are you?

Originally posted by Roy@ENHOST
    If your company website looks like this: http://technografix.hypermart.net/ ,they will hate to waste time on you.
    Thanks.. Had the Altec's turned up when 'Crocodile Rock' started - I'm certainly more awake now

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Yeah Greg, cant think of anything else except Steve Irwin when I hear that music, hahahaha.

Originally posted by akashik

Thanks.. Had the Altec's turned up when 'Crocodile Rock' started - I'm certainly more awake now

Greg Moore
    What you can do with Cpanel ------------------> |||||
    What you can do with Cpanel XP+CpanelAPP -------> ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Your competitors are cashing in with Cpanel XP & CpanelAPP, are you?