Spammer population

Just been surfering through a few threads at the webhosting forum, it seems the spam population is growing faster then ever!

I think it would help, perhaps if there was a little text notice above all the appropriate forums saying:

"Participants may not use this forum for commercial gain. For more information please read the rules."

I post in a fair number of forums, so I thought that the rules here would be similar (and didn't read the rules at first). Luckily they're not.

Surely there must be a chemical which would render spammers impotent and unable to reproduce? Works for some bugs.

More members = more spammers, most likely. Luckily it also means more honest members who aren't spammers to report 'em
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken

Originally posted by Chicken
    More members = more spammers, most likely. Luckily it also means more honest members who aren't spammers to report 'em
    LOL
    CPHosting - Web Hosting Experts Since 1998.
    United States | Europe | Singapore | Australia
    Visit Us! www.cphosting.com

Personally, I like mwatkins' plan.

Yeh. I don't think there has been any percentage increase in spam incidences. Just a busier place.

Most of the problems could be sorted out if we had someone with a big stick that forced new members to read the rules before posting.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.