Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs down Webreseller support problem :(

Hi,

We have a server at "webreseller.net". The WEBapplicance, SSH and telnet suddenly went away so we can not reach the server for administration tasks at all.

We sent "Emergency" support ticket more then 8 hours ago, we've not yet received a single respons.

..waiting for WebReseller.net support!!!

Kristian Hyllestad
    SPINE AS (www.spine.no)
    NOWAY

Did they give you an emergency phone number? They claim to have 24*7 support, but that's probably just marketing spin.
    WLVPN.com NetProtect owned White Label VPN provider
    Increase your hosting profits by adding VPN to your product line up

Re: Webreseller support problem :(

Originally posted by Kristian
    Hi,

We have a server at "webreseller.net". The WEBapplicance, SSH and telnet suddenly went away so we can not reach the server for administration tasks at all.

We sent "Emergency" support ticket more then 8 hours ago, we've not yet received a single respons.

..waiting for WebReseller.net support!!!

Kristian Hyllestad
    SPINE AS (www.spine.no)
    NOWAY
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...threadid=63502

lol welcome to my world this happend to me this weekend and i had like 36 hours downtime not my thoughts on a good weekend.

anyhow best of luck,

and bob thats what i said they say in thier SLA that the hardware will be replaced 2 hours after its found to be messed up so i talked to somone there and he said oh well they did'nt find out whats wrong with it or even look into it yet so you dont apply to get a refund.

i said it says staffed 24/7 so if they dont answer the emergency ticket withing 36 hours they expect to not give me a refund? i think not

anyhow enough ranting they best refund me or the whole log will come out and more on that later

Hi,

There is an "emergency" phone number which we have not yet used.

Would assume 24/7 support would respond anyhow after 2 "emergency" tickets and 1 "high" response request ticket.

Don't excpect the immediate fix, but expect immediate respons to support ticket!

Just checked "helpdesk.webreseller.net" again, still no respons..

http://www.webreseller.net/contact.htm

Support Services
    Please be sure to visit our support center prior to calling
    (484) 875-0909

thats the # i called about 5-8 times and never once got a real person and i left 2 messages i do believe not once getting a call back

very unprofessional.

and i had submited a trouble ticket that is what took 36 hours to answer.

Hi,

Know what to expect now!

Already signed inn with "rackshack.net" similar server and software.

Hi,

Know what to expect now!

Already signed inn with "rackshack.net" similar server and software.
    lol not sure if that was a smart move either

i had a server @ rackshack that liked to crash and all they would offer me is a reboot i asked them to check for hardware issues they said ram was fine and would'nt look any further so i left thier support sucks at rackshack and i would'nt recommend them at all.

<edit> rackshack may answer tickets fast but that still does'nt mean thier support is good </edit>

Originally posted by zdwebhosting

lol not sure if that was a smart move either

i had a server @ rackshack that liked to crash and all they would offer me is a reboot i asked them to check for hardware issues they said ram was fine and would'nt look any further so i left thier support sucks at rackshack and i would'nt recommend them at all.

<edit> rackshack may answer tickets fast but that still does'nt mean thier support is good </edit>
    Well..seems to be many different experiences with different hostcompanies on this forum which I've read quite a lot lately. So we'll give it a try. We are basically not a webhosting company so the process of changing hostcompany is not that hard anyway.

Thanks...

Well..seems to be many different experiences with different hostcompanies on this forum which I've read quite a lot lately. So we'll give it a try. We are basically not a webhosting company so the process of changing hostcompany is not that hard anyway.

Thanks...
    yea they are great for some not so great for others basically luck of the draw on servers there it seems.

hopefully you get a good one

Can u please contact me with your info about this issue Kristian to

joew@webreseller.net

Also if you are using ensim, and the site listed below is the one, I would advise logging into your ensim control panel and restarting the ssh/telnet client.

You should be able to do those admin tasks and is probably not a emergency if that is what it takes.

Also Zac im not sure what your intensions are from reading your post, but they are not making me real happy, it is unfortunate that you proceed in these measures with threatening tones, but that is up too you.

Thanks
    Last edited by JBIZ718; 07-30-2002 at 06:45 AM.
    ---------------------
    "In the end you start thinking about the beginning"
    "You shouldn't take life to seriously, you will never get out alive"
    "Every Passing Minute is another chance to turn it all around"

Hi joew,

Originally posted by JBIZ718
    joew@webreseller.net
    Also if you are using ensim, and the site listed below is the one, I would advise logging into your ensim control panel and restarting the ssh/telnet client.
    Thanks
    Thanks..mail sent.

As you see in the mail I'm not at all able to reach the server:
    (1) try telnet to ns.maksweb.net - returns "Linux 2.4.9-12 (ns.maksweb.net) (12:59 on Tuesday, 30 July 2002) login: PAM Failure, aborting: Critical error - immediate abort"
    (2) SSH returns no connection
    (3) connecting our mailserver returns: "Errorcode: 2070
    Explanation: Error when trying to log into your mailserver!
    Additional info: ipop3d: error while loading shared libraries: libgssapi_krb5.so.2: cannot load shared object file: No such file or directory
    (4) starting WEBppliance - WEBppliance show a page to setting up the software.

So it's really gone...at least from Norway. Not able to do anything. Still no response on "helpdesk.webreseller.net".

Thanks...

well I guess you get what you pay for

get a server at voxel or pwebtech
    those are the two really reliable companies i can think of right now

i highly doubt they would let an emergency situation last longer then a few mins unlike webreseller.net with the 8 long hours

i would of said rackspace, but rackspace == arm and a leg

Clocker I really dont think your comments are needed in this situation, did u read the rules, can u do that.
    ---------------------

I don't think he knows how to say much of anything good, Joe.
    Best bet is to just ignore him.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

SWR, what are the odds on that bet?

It really concerns me that these support situations are happening with webreseller. What’s bothering me is how Joe has been so defensive at this situation instead of finding out what the problem is and why these two clients zdwebhosting and kristian felt thru the cracks. Why kristian submitted an EMERGENCY support ticket which went unanswered for 8 hours. This is the hosting industry every minute of downtime counts!!!! I feel that in stead of been so defensive he should find out what happened to these two clients and then come back and defend your company or apologize its simple as that. Not that I'm telling Joe what to do it’s just how I would have done it.

We have also seen that webreseller's support is getting to be a little bit slow.
    WCSWEB.NETWORKS - 24x7 Support We're here to help anytime, day or night!
    WCSHOST.Net <- Call us (800) 590-0017 ->
    Linux based Cpanel Shared and Reseller premium Hosting with Fantastico & rvskin
    Windows based Helm Shared Premium Hosting / Remote Backup solutions

I guess its usually normal for a hosting company's support to slow down after a major move has taken place - like webreseller..

Originally posted by edude
    I guess its usually normal for a hosting company's support to slow down after a major move has taken place - like webreseller..
    On that note as far as we are concerned the move is still going on we never received a notice stating that the move has been completed. Neither did we receive any notices in between telling us the status of the move. If these smalls problems are happening now that they are small (400 - 600 servers) what will happen when they get big.
    WCSWEB.NETWORKS - 24x7 Support We're here to help anytime, day or night!
    WCSHOST.Net <- Call us (800) 590-0017 ->
    Linux based Cpanel Shared and Reseller premium Hosting with Fantastico & rvskin
    Windows based Helm Shared Premium Hosting / Remote Backup solutions

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I signed for a Unix plan with Webreseller 24 hours ago, so I hope the only reason is the move... I'm waiting for the activation now.

SWR, what are the odds on that bet?
    I think we both know; it ain't gonna happen.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

........... but they are not making me real happy, ........

And when Joe gets unhappy, people frigging die!!!

- Austin Powers (Kind of)

I just wanted to let you all know that my title Director of Sales is about where my job starts and where it ends. I just so happen to want to help these people and see if there is anything I can do to fix the situation. Zac will say that I was able to help him, and my job role stops at sales.
    I do not like to see customers unhappy, so I do try to get to the bottom of a situation.

And if being defensive is please contact me email address, then im not sure what else I can do.
    ---------------------

joew@webreseller.net

You should be able to do those admin tasks and is probably not a emergency if that is what it takes.

Also Zac im not sure what your intensions are from reading your post, but they are not making me real happy, it is unfortunate that you proceed in these measures with threatening tones, but that is up too you.

Thanks
    threatening tones, NO they are MAD tones

I have had 0 problems with webreseller and i have been with them since march. Kristians probles look like he upgraded some librarys forcefully like maybe glibc and something went wrong.

Originally posted by globalwebhos
    I have had 0 problems with webreseller and i have been with them since march. Kristians probles look like he upgraded some librarys forcefully like maybe glibc and something went wrong.
    hope you dont have hardware problems then you will be as mad as me

now they say they are going to credit me but i want a REFUND to pay back refunded customers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast