LayeredTech IP Allocating Issues

Hi,

One of my hosting clients requires seperate ip addresses for his websites due to seo issues. But when i asked LT to issue me extra ip addresses they are telling me that i cannot have more ip's. Now this is new to me.

They say something about ARIN justification etc. I mean if other hosts can provide seperate IP's then why can't I ?! This is very weird. Can anyone tell me the way out of it so i can get the IP's and assign to my client's website.

Thanks.
      0 Not allowed!

you need proper reasoning to get new ip address's according to ARIN's rules. There are a limited number if ip addresses and they can't just hand them out with a good reason. Unfortunately SEO is not a good enough reason because it is one of silly myths out there that having different ip addresses somehow boosts your rank in search engines
      0 Not allowed!

Hi,

What excuse everyone maeks to get IPs ? Tell me and i'll also make that one!

Thanks.
      0 Not allowed!

educate your clients on why it is not a justifiable reason rather than trying to beat the system. do a search on google for SEO and ip address, you will see.
      0 Not allowed!

Why, you probably wont be in business long?
      0 Not allowed!

You will find it quite difficult to find a provider out there who will give you IPs without justification
      0 Not allowed!

Hi,

Almost all articles i read on google about it says that in some way or another it will not be harmful to get a seperate ip for a website. So now how do i convince my client ?!

I will be in business after loosing one client. But is it good thing to loose a client LightWave ?

Thanks.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi,

Ryan, what justification everyone gives ;-)

Thanks.
      0 Not allowed!

Almost all articles i read on google about it says that in some way or another it will not be harmful to get a seperate ip for a website
    It's harmful in that you're using up a lot of a limited number of IPs for absolutely no reason.
      0 Not allowed!

You still don't seem to understand the replies people are giving you.

If the client can't provide valid justification for why they need IPs then you tell them you can't help them.

They've probably been told that many times in the past anyways.

It's not your job to come up with an excuse to your provider as to why you need more IPs. It's your job to provide the justification that your clients have provided you.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by kikloo View Post
    Hi,

Ryan, what justification everyone gives ;-)

Thanks.
    You're question has been answered. If you're looking for a way to lie to your host to get the IP addresses, you'll need to look somewhere else.

This thread is done.

</thread>

Sirius
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.
      0 Not allowed!