* Are there any mail servers only for mail not for web page?

I just wondering that any mail servers on the planet today? I want to find one but have no clue. Help me out!

In my case, I have a hosting for my domains and clients but I don't want them to use the web mail from the ISP. This is too risky when the host goes down. On the other hand, I want to get a saperate server that handles only web email(send and receive). Would that be possible to get one or there is no such thing.
    Last edited by digiguy; 07-30-2002 at 01:11 AM.

Your ISP should have one.

How To Ask Questions The SMART Way

When inquiring about something you have little experience with, its best to focus your efforts on describing what you want.

Otherwise getting to the answer involves games of twenty questions, and frequently you'll find that the people with the answers you seek don't like playing that game.

There are plenty of e-mail server software, but I guess that you don't have your own server, but host somewhere, right? You can always ask them to get an e-mail account somewhere else, like care2.com (for heavens sake NOT hotmail).
    "Stop flame-wars - Report a post"
    The original Kitty Lizard

An ISP or a Webhosting going down will usually caused problems, so perhaps I do not understand your concern over using your host/ISP's service.

There are webmail CGI/ASP/PHP/whatever application that can work with POP/IMAP mail accounts already setup on a server. There are sevices like everyone.net that uses ad-supported [email protected] and runs off of their servers.

I use Cyclonic Webmail to provide SSL web-based e-mail to some of my clients. There are a lot of possibilities out there.
    AtlantaWebHost.com, a service of Rietta Solutions
    Web Site & Development Hosting, Dedicated, Colocation, DNS, Atlanta-area T1 for Voice & Data