Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast

Stargate sold its reseller customers

Well this kinda sucks. No idea who UK2 Group/resell.biz is

This is the email

Dear Customer,

I am writing to let you know that the Reseller customers of Stargate Inc. were
    recently purchased by the UK-2 Group, as a result of Stargate Inc. deciding to
    focus on Data Center and Dedicated Hosting services.

The UK-2 Group has been around since 1998, so there is wealth of hosting
    knowledge within the companies and a commitment to providing great value Domain
    Name, Shared Hosting and Reseller services. To date we have sold over a million
    Domain Names and have thousand of Shared and Dedicated Hosting customers. To
    find out more visit our group website www.uk2group.com <http://www.uk2group.com> .

So you are probably asking, what happens now? Well the answer is nothing really!

You will now become a customer of Resell.biz, which is the reseller brand in the
    UK-2 Group. You won't need to do anything and your products will not change.
    Resell.biz will start to bill you instead of Stargate Inc. and will provide 24 /
    7 support. To log into your account please go here www.resell.biz
    <http://www.resell.biz>. If you ever need to contact us here at Resell.biz we'd
    love to hear from you. You can contact us by raising a ticket at www.resell.biz
    <http://www.resell.biz>

If you have any queries about the acquisition by Resell.biz, please do not
    hesitate to contact me directly by emailing ditlev.bredahl@resell.biz
    <mailto:ditlev.bredahl@resell.biz>

UK-2 Group and Stargate Inc. have and will continue to have a very strong
    relationship, and we look forward to continuing to work together. In the
    meantime, we at the UK-2 Group look forward to keeping you as a happy and
    satisfied customer, and helping you create successful reseller businesses.

Welcome to Resell.biz and the UK-2 Group!

+ NOW WE'RE MAKING RECORDS, NOW WE'RE MAKING TAPES

I also received the same email.

Hi,

I am on the same boat. No idea who UK-2 Group is, besides being based on UK :-)

Time for some investigation...

Cheers

Some info on the group:

They have a stake at TelecityGroup
    TelecityGroup is privately owned by 3i Group, Oak Hill Capital Partners, Sputnik Group, UK2 Group, Pogan Invest Corp. and Butterfield Trust.

Headquartered in London, TelecityGroup operates 18 network independent data centres across seven European countries. The data centres are located in prime positions for commerce and connectivity, including Amsterdam, Dublin, Frankfurt, London, Manchester, Milan, Paris and Stockholm.
    One thing i noticed is that they are more active then Stargate and have a broader range of products. There are several post in WHT about them.

It seems that it could be good, but lets wait for more news. another thing i noticed is that there are changes being made on the control panel, but that could be unrelated...

Anyone has more info to add?

Cheers

Got the same email...

No SPF records for the domain, though it appears to be sent from myorderbox....

I can't find any information on either stargate.com or uk2group.com about the buyout. And my login at cp.stargate.com is still functional.

I'm not entering my login information on some random site to see if it works or not.

Also what about the pricing levels we're at, and the money in our accounts?

Too many questions, not enough answers.

Quote From LiveChat

Below is a quote from StarGate.

The last time my Domain Company got sold (BulkRegister) I got screwed

This is not good. I think I will begin my Domain Transfers this week.

Please wait for a site operator to respond.
    You are now chatting with 'micah'
    micah: Hi, how can I help you?
    you: Good
    you: I got an email that said StarGate Domain Resellers accounts were sold.
    you: I opened a ticket and sent copy to Tom.
    you: Is this true or a scam?
    micah: It is true
    micah: The transtion to UK2 will be seemless. Your products wont change, your control panel wont change.
    micah: If you visit the site http://www.uk2group.com/ you will see how to contact US support offices. Any further question please contact them at ditlev.bredahl@resell.biz
    you: How will this affect the money I have in my account.
    micah: All your funds and all aspects of your account will not be affected. The only thing that is going to change is that you will contact them for support.
    you: When does this take affect?
    micah: This will take affect Thursday the 27th
    you: So will I need to change login to manage domains and change my SuperSite.
    micah: Nope. Your login will be the same. The accounts are just being managed by a different company.
    you: So my SuperSite stays the same?
    micah: Everything will be the same.
    you: Ok thank you for your time.
    micah: You are welcome
    The Best To You!
    Ireland - Networking the Irish / Celtic Community
    www.CapitalCeltic.com

UK2Group are a big internet player in UK. Big ISP there. Also big in Web Hosting. You must have heard of them Ireland. I've used their free dial-up and email before, with no complaints. My advice would be to wait and see how it pans out. I'd ask what their new rates are going to be in Oct though. Just in case.

Fabulous are offering $6.50 .COM and $4.50 .NET transfers until the increase and probably the most competitive prices after that. They will need to approve you. Usually a min of 50 domains, but I don't think they're too strict about that. Err... they don't have a reseller program.
    Last edited by stub; 09-25-2007 at 08:54 PM.
    Signature Under Construction.

One other concern for US based customers -- if we add funds to our accounts via credit cards there are additional fees for international charges. So even if there's no pricing change for existing resellers, our costs to fund the accounts will increase.

Pricing will definitely increase I think so, ResellerClub just announced the rate increase .com for $6.99 highest slab. I know these are two different companies but using the same logicboxes application.
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

I received the mail 2 hours ago and confirmed also with Stargate live chat. I had so much faith in Stargate, but again I have also faith in UK2 - I have never used them but they are an old ISP in UK and also have the US2.net division.

I hope they do not raise prices and support is good. And I really hope NOTHING changes in the control panel, dns nameservers etc.
    Managed.gr cloud hosting, paas, vps, dedicated, domain registration on global datacenters.

I also read about ResellerClub increasing the prices - except the *Boxes software, I do not see any other relation to RC and no reason UK2Group to increase prices! And I hope not Unless all registrants increase their prices!
    Managed.gr cloud hosting, paas, vps, dedicated, domain registration on global datacenters.

At .com for USD 6.95 (highest slab) current price it seems they would be able to sustain the price increase. But then since they are from UK hence USD conversion rates will also affect the pricing.

So wait & watch...
    Vinsar.Net - Quality Web Hosting at Economical Price on USA & European Servers
    Offering domains, shared, reseller & VPS hosting.
    Reliable Domain Reseller Account Resell Domains with Confidence

I got the email it seems too. I liekd stargate and it's sad to see them leave this area. I can't say much about UK2 yet, but if ANYTHING changes from what stargate offered me, I'll probably be leaving and moving back to namecheap or a new place.

Fortunately i have only one domain and no reseller. Any notice of what with the 5.95 transfer with new owners ?
    Each registrar is a tool. Not all Tools are for the same thing

Guys,
    My name is Ditlev, I am the CEO of Resell.biz, US2 and UK2.

Just to confirm: UK2 Group has acquired the domain and shared hosting assets of Stargate.

About UK2 Group
    The UK-2 Group has been around since 1998, providing domain name registration and web hosting services to many customers. Over the years the group has expanded in terms of brands, products, services, employees and customers.

To date we have sold over a million domain names, have thousands of shared and dedicated hosting customers and operate out of several state of the art, multi million pound data centres. We are proud of our heritage and long standing experience of the hosting industry and are committed to providing reliable, secure and great value products and services underpinned with excellent support.

UK-2 Group is also a major shareholder of Telecity Redbus, the leading European data centre provider. If you would like to contact us with any questions, comments or issues, please email us here. Please see the details of the brands which form UK-2 Group below.

Do a search on wht for "uk2" and you will see that we are very active in the hosting community, and we are here to stay.

UK2 has gone through a total turn around the last 18 months, and this acquisition will not stand alone.

So, where is this going, and what will change?
    First of all, prices will either be lowered to stay unchanged.
    Services, plans and control panel will stay as is as well.
    Basically the only changes you will see is that we will provide you with a whole range of new services, incl. hosting, dedicated servers and e-commerce setups.
    Also, all resellers with domains hosted by us will have free and unlimited access to SSL certs.

Tom and the guys at Stargate have been doing a great job, and I will ensure that there will be no decrease in service or offerings after we have taken over.

I am on my way to Chicago (gotta love the wireless access in the Heathrow express ), and won't be able to answer mails before 12 hours from now, but please feel free to contact me directly if you have questions.

Also, I wont be on WHT for a few days, so if you have questions please direct them to me via mail.

Thanks

Ditlev
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,
    OnApp.com + Cloud.net & CDN.net

It souds like good news.. Lets wait and see where it all ends.

A statement from UK-2 about the october price increase on some domain tlds would also be welcomed...

Cheers,

Hi santo,
    We are not planning an increase in Oct.

Also, while the Stargate service has been great, I'd love to hear from you if you have ideas for improvement. Feel free to post here or mail me directly.

thanks again

Ditlev
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,

Hi Ditlev,

Congrats on the purchase. Was it just the reseller program you purchased or all domain accounts with Stargate.

From my experiences (which are not reseller), I have never found the logicboxes control panel very user friendly, and occasionally the Stargate checkout was a bit flakey, leaving me to go purchase the domain at another registrar.
    Signature Under Construction.

Well it sounds OK

I guess it is a wait and see.

Most of my domains don't come up for renewal until next year. So I have some time to try them out.

I just transfered into StarGate about 20 domains at $5.95 so that is a savings of a few bucks.

Stu, yes the LogicBoxes is not very user friendly. It is functional per domain but a pain if you want to manage many doamin at a time.

Perhaps the control panel will be improved after the take-over..?

One BIG question is I wonder if there will be a fee to add funds to the Reseller account via a credit card? Right now there is no fee and it has worked smooth.
    The Best To You!
    Ireland - Networking the Irish / Celtic Community
    www.CapitalCeltic.com

Hi Ditlev,

Thank you for your statement! It sheds more light into our future as resellers.

I will be looking forward to the new product offers. also consider adding SSL as a new product for the domain reseller package.

As to support, it has been very good and whenever an issue happens, fast and responsive. If that level is maintained, i am sure you will captivate more resellers to your platform.

Thank you for sharing the information with us.

Cheers and best of luck.

I have a stargate account but I can't stand the clunky interface for bulk managment so I have never used it. Please improve the interface and domain managemnt tools, I guess you would need to use a new provider for the backend software for that.

Thanks for the info.

I'd rather not see any price decreases for domains. Call me crazy but saving a few cents per year is not worth it if the servie might suffer because of this. I've havent't really had any problems with Stargate or Logiboxes (Yes its not the prettiest or new user friendly but does the job ok once you know it.)

Once thing I'd like to see added and this might make me use the Supersite is the adition of PSI Gate as a payment gateway. This seems to be missing from the current Gateway providers. This is under Settings > Finance & Billing > Payment Gateway. I aksed Stargate but they said they had to plans for it in the near future.

+ NOW WE'RE MAKING RECORDS, NOW WE'RE MAKING TAPES

Guys, thanks for all your interest in this.

Regarding prices, fee's etc.
    I can only reassure you - prices will not increase anytime soon, not on domains, not on fees related to transfer of funds or anything else really. We plan to offer the same services as you know from Stargate, at the same or lower prices. We will also offer a whole range of other services - this is not the place for me to advertise those though. The directi price increase is not relevant for us, as we buy directly from ICANN.

Regarding the interface, have any of you worked with the openSRS (tucows) interface, and if so, would that be an improvement for you?

How many of you actually use the Logicboxes supersite, and how many use whmcs/awbs/etc to talk to the Logicboxes API?

Thanks again for your input.

Ditlev
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,

Hi Ditlev,

We and some of our sub-resellers use the whmcs/logicboxes API combo, but that can easely be changed to OpenSRS/whmcs since whmcs already supports OpenSRS as a registrar. I don't know the OpenSRS interface, but if it supplies our resellers with the same level of features (API, Clients website, reseller website, translation capabilities to a bunch of languages including ours - Portuguese) then i don't see a problem there. We can adapt if you can provide a dual system for the transition process.

But if the change is to radical, you run the risk of cripling our (us UK-2 resellers) websites/integration and that of our sub-resellers.

Cheers,

Quote Originally Posted by Santo38 View Post
    Hi Ditlev,

We and some of our sub-resellers use the whmcs/logicboxes API combo, but that can easely be changed to OpenSRS/whmcs since whmcs already supports OpenSRS as a registrar. I don't know the OpenSRS interface, but if it supplies our resellers with the same level of features (API, Clients website, reseller website, translation capabilities to a bunch of languages including ours - Portuguese) then i don't see a problem there. We can adapt if you can provide a dual system for the transition process.

But if the change is to radical, you run the risk of cripling our (us UK-2 resellers) websites/integration and that of our sub-resellers.

Cheers,
    I would not force any of you off the Logicboxes platform, but since we have more than one ICANN accreditation we could actually offer both options - ie. Tucows/openSRS and Logicboxes.

Ditlev
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,

Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast