Looking For: Partner for cell phone site

Hi, I am looking for a partner for a series of Cell Phone sites which offer things like Ring tones, Logo's, etc.
    I was planning on doing this with another person, but I have recently found out he is unable to continue this project.

So I'm looking for someone who can provide:
    - a financial backbone (starting this business doesn't cost much)
    - Marketing & Promoting expertise
    - A good Business mind

I, on the other hand provide:
    - web design, graphics, etc.
    - Domain names (I've already got phonetone.net, phonetones.net, and freetones.us)
    - anything needed...

I'm not looking for another designer, but more of a business partner. The site will target a north american audience. I have found a service provider which provides ringtones, logo's, etc for cell phones, but if you know a better service provider for north america we can go with them.
    PM or Email me if your interested, questions or comments too.

Thanks.

I find this a rather disturbing post. You are looking for someone who: pays the bills, pays for all the services, pays for marketing and advertising , while you... make graphics? And if the business goes down your partner loses a handful of money, and has nothing he can do whatso ever. YOU on the other hand, can close/cancel business procedures at ANY given time, and you lose nothing. You still have your designs which you can sell.

This makes no sense, your not looking for someone who will help you design but someone who will be able to pay for the businesses financial needs. LOL funny post.

Watch out, Josef.

Actually, did I say I was looking for someone to pay the bills?
    Did I say that? I said I was looking for someone who has a financial backbone, meaning they won't be discouraged to spend $75 of the $150 every month to renew our SMS credits.

Who said they would pay for everything? Can't you read?
    I'm looking for a PARTNER, meaning 50/50.

And do you understand what I meant when I asked for Marketing & Promotion expertise? I don't intend on spending hundreds on advertising. Smart people know how to promote a company without spending the slightest amount of money. Thats a mind of a 'good business' person.

Idiots these days.

Originally posted by FreeTones

Idiots these days.
    I hear ya.....

FreeTones, advice!! You will never get a partner this way. Your acctions speaks for it. If you need a partner and are serious about it, this is the wrong way to go. Why will I give you any money when you're posting in this forum and have not provided any DETAILED information about. No business plan, nothing.

First you could give your idea and explain what you want.

1. What you want from a partner
    2. What you will bring to the table

You said 50/50 but I didn't gather that from your post. You mentioned nothing about splitting a 50/50 finances. Just mentioning the word partner doesn't mean it is 50/50. Anyway just wanted to give you feedback. It might not be what you wanted to hear but it will help you on your next post.
    VERVE Web Solutions, LLC
    http://www.vervesolutions.com
    New Name Same Quality Service since 2000!!
    Now offering SiteBuilder :: Build your site in 5 easy steps

Originally posted by cahostnet
    FreeTones, advice!! You will never get a partner this way. Your acctions speaks for it. If you need a partner and are serious about it, this is the wrong way to go. Why will I give you any money when you're posting in this forum and have not provided any DETAILED information about. No business plan, nothing.

First you could give your idea and explain what you want.

1. What you want from a partner
    2. What you will bring to the table

You said 50/50 but I didn't gather that from your post. You mentioned nothing about splitting a 50/50 finances. Just mentioning the word partner doesn't mean it is 50/50. Anyway just wanted to give you feedback. It might not be what you wanted to hear but it will help you on your next post.
    I agree completely. You'll never find a partner without reason for them to invest in your idea. In order for anyone to invest, they need some type of evidence that their investment will make their money back. You need things like a business plan, marketing information and work out the details now.

Starting a business is more than just getting someone to back you financially. You need to think for the long haul because buying a domain name doesn't mean you're an instant business. It takes planning and hard work from both partners and you both must bring equal amounts of value to the company, whether financially, skills or with information in order to be successful.

Good luck

Guys I think y'all may be a little harsh on him.

While a forum post may not be the best way to find a partner. If someone's interested at leadt they're likely to be web savvy. He doesn't need to post all the info about the company for the public to see (doing so would be stupid IMO). The last line of his post says it all:
    > PM or Email me if your interested, questions or comments too

He posted enough info for someone to think about it and say yes or no to themselves and if interested they could contact him.

I thought to myself I might be interested, but I've got enough on my plate right now not to take on any more.

And to me it sounds like he's willing to do a bunch of the work involved. Things like this can make it with hard work and little money. However, the opposite is much harder or even impossible sometimes.

FreeTones: I would be interested, but I don't think I have the time left to handle this as well. Good Luck and "illegitimi non carborundum"

Yeah.. have to agree that he has posted enough infor already

one just need to say
    (a) yes - i'm interest so i will PM him
    (b) no - not interested ... click the back button and leave the thread

what's the point of being harsh... at least he knows he can't do it all on his own... he's willing to look for help and to share it right down the line at 50/50 - anyway its his idea... you will be riding on it that's all...

Freetones : all the best ... diysms

I might have been a tad harsh but when you get into parterships with people you don't know you're putting lots on the line and things can go sour very quickly.

I do wish you all the best FreeTones and I do think your idea has great potential, just be careful who you decide to be your partner.

Cheers

Well, I'll admit, in terms of Business in this nature I guess that's good enough. I think of business in different terms and NO this post won't do it for me.

Freetones, I was just trying to give you some advice. Me personally, I would need a little more details not that you need to reveal your business plan or idea but what you're looking for at least. I get enough email about partnership to just PM or email everyone.

Also internet Partnership in this nature never works out as I know it but maybe it does. I find it a problem to give anyone money that I have never met!!
    VERVE Web Solutions, LLC
    http://www.vervesolutions.com
    New Name Same Quality Service since 2000!!
    Now offering SiteBuilder :: Build your site in 5 easy steps