Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: help!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    At my Computer
    Posts
    4

    help!

    I'm a broke webdesigner i'm okay i guess right now i need some money to get a domain and hosting.. If u need a webdesign i can do it cheep. Or if u want we can make a trade like hosting for a design something like that.

    AIM: Keo Ken 16

  2. #2
    portfolio?
    Read the posts people, no more blanket answers.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    At my Computer
    Posts
    4
    http://g2k.overskilled.com

    thats a site i've made..
    Just for look though

  4. #4
    dude, that sites relly cheesy. Transparent grids? Stretched transparent text shadows? I suggest you look through some more tutorials before you start to look for money, as for the domains and hosting, id think youd save yourself the time and effort by just saving some money.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    36
    Originally posted by YourCompany
    dude, that sites relly cheesy. Transparent grids? Stretched transparent text shadows? I suggest you look through some more tutorials before you start to look for money, as for the domains and hosting, id think youd save yourself the time and effort by just saving some money.
    Pretty harsh on the poster IMHO. Just my opinion, but maybe a more constructive manner would have gotten your point across better.
    24Host, The Next Step.
    Web Site Launch coming soon!
    Virtual and Reseller Hosting
    AIM: TchSpprt24Hst

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    934
    Originally posted by YourCompany
    dude, that sites relly cheesy.
    Let's see what you have to offer 'YourCompany'.....you were pretty quick to cut Keo-Ken down to size.
    Web Hosting since 1999

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,598

    Arrow

    If you're looking for someone to contract you, you've got to be able to prove to them that you're the right person. They will want to feel confident that they've made the right choice in choosing you.

    I suggest that you work on your portfolio, create some simple yet attractive designs that you can pass on to potential clients.

    The http://g2k.overskilled.com site you've created is incomplete and not professional.

    I went over to your portfolio section only to find a tacky placeholder image and "Blah Blah Blah Blah."

    You've got to be able to sell yourself, and image is highly associated with that.

  8. #8
    Originally posted by 24Host Tech3


    Pretty harsh on the poster IMHO. Just my opinion, but maybe a more constructive manner would have gotten your point across better.
    I beg to differ. It was accurate. When you decide to offer webdesign, you have to realize that you are making a product that people are going to look at. You need to create a website that is complete. It needs to look nice. Knowledge of grammer needs to be communicated in the copy.

    Welcome to the real world. People won't pat you on the back, they'll try to push you over.
    Colin

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Posts
    36
    Originally posted by Dogma

    I beg to differ. It was accurate. When you decide to offer webdesign, you have to realize that you are making a product that people are going to look at. You need to create a website that is complete. It needs to look nice. Knowledge of grammer needs to be communicated in the copy.

    Welcome to the real world. People won't pat you on the back, they'll try to push you over.
    LOL, I am not looking for a pat on the back.... not sure where that came from. Been in the real world for a bit too.

    I am not saying the design is good or not (I couldn't design my way out of a box). My comment was made more towards the delivery of the message. Synthetic said pretty much the same thing, but in a non-offensive (to this reader) manner, and with some constructive points thrown in.

    Anyhow, that is just my brief opinion.
    24Host, The Next Step.
    Web Site Launch coming soon!
    Virtual and Reseller Hosting
    AIM: TchSpprt24Hst

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    At my Computer
    Posts
    4
    Originally posted by Synthetic
    If you're looking for someone to contract you, you've got to be able to prove to them that you're the right person. They will want to feel confident that they've made the right choice in choosing you.

    I suggest that you work on your portfolio, create some simple yet attractive designs that you can pass on to potential clients.

    The http://g2k.overskilled.com site you've created is incomplete and not professional.

    I went over to your portfolio section only to find a tacky placeholder image and "Blah Blah Blah Blah."

    You've got to be able to sell yourself, and image is highly associated with that.
    I know it's not complete if u read my 2nd post i said it's just for show.. Is in professinal i'm new.. I'm a gameing and anime webdesiner.. http://g2k.overskilled.com/wallpaper.jpg is my best work..

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    320
    Originally posted by YourCompany
    dude, that sites relly cheesy.
    Who the heck appointed you the web design ratings king? Whether you liked it or not, this is the place where someone advertises their work... If you can do better, then open a thread with your own work. Don't bash the guy/gal just because you think his site isn't the best in your opinion.

    He didn't ask for your opinion, he put that so people who were seeking his work had an example.

    You didn't ask for my opinion either... but then again, you didn't post a ad for your work as a web design critic

    By the way Keo-Ken, it appears you were looking to do cheap work for someone who needs it. Best of luck in your job search man.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    186
    Originally posted by Alareach

    Who the heck appointed you the web design ratings king? Whether you liked it or not, this is the place where someone advertises their work... If you can do better, then open a thread with your own work. Don't bash the guy/gal just because you think his site isn't the best in your opinion.
    Werd to big bird. (Yeah, I agree)

    I hadn't really seen this post until I say Alareach's name on the main page, but I could've sworn respect was a rule in the forum?

    Some people should learn that, along with a little humility probably.
    - joey

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    11,059
    In order to start getting some design jobs, I think you're going to have to do some groundwork first:

    1. I realize your site is not currently set up to be your portfolio showcase, but that's something you should work on. You really should have a site that reflects your design abilities, and instills confidence in your visitors. One thing that you definitely need to do is to go through the site for grammatical and spelling errors. Example on home page ďThatís why Iím sure once you have a web page done buy us you will comeback to us for all you web page and graphic needs.Ē . Three errors in that sentence alone. Please don't overlook this step. Grammar/spelling are a reflection of the overall professionalism of your site.

    2. Participate in a few design contests in the Advertising Forum here at WHT. Even if you aren't selected as a winner, others will see your work. If they like your efforts, they may call you for other jobs.

    3. Try creating a few original templates and put them up for sale/auction at WHT. Again, it gives you exposure.

    4. Look for a local church/charity/club/association in your area and offer a free site design, provided that they allow you to display your link as designer of the site. You'd be surprised with how many inquiries you might get from that (assuming, of course, their site gets some traffic).

    5. Get some inexpensive business cards and flyers printed and hand them out to anyone and everyone . Networking and exposure are key.

    I realize these aren't instant solutions. If they were, everybody would be doing it, right? These suggestions take some effort and persistence. Just write out a plan of attack and take it one step at a time.

    Good luck.

    Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •