hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : Dedicated Server : Softlayer push button OS reload

Forum Jump

Softlayer push button OS reload

Reply Post New Thread In Dedicated Server Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-22-2007, 04:24 PM
WHT Addict

Softlayer push button OS reload

I just gotta say, the softlayer push button OS reload is so much fun I am considering clicking it again. I have had a couple servers there since almost the beginning, and while they have had some growing pains (who wouldn't), they just keep adding features. I just got a dual proc quad core Xenon they had on special. They only thing I am worried about is that once they are the only hosting company in the U.S. prices will be probably even higher.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2007, 05:37 PM
Retired Moderator

I have yet to try the push button OS reload, so I'm glad to see it works well.

I have however extensively used the rest of their features, including the private network IPMI and remote IPMI reboot / power cycle. They even have a nifty little WAP portal, which I can use to power cycle servers from my phone.

It's nice to see such innovation in a market that seems pretty cut and dry (you get the box and the bandwidth, and maybe a remote reboot port if you're lucky). Hopefully other providers will follow, and SL will improve their support staff.

Alex

Old 09-22-2007, 06:54 PM
Web Hosting Master

SL has so many features which are very helpful and cost down writing an email and asking for help.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2007, 07:25 PM

Time is money my friend !

Old 09-22-2007, 09:16 PM
WHT Addict

I am a big believer in self managed hosting; I don't want any help, control panels, etc. But giving me IPMI (now with KVM not just a text console) and the automated reload for when I want to reload the OS) its taking it to a new level for me. Previously most of my servers were in our private data center. Now that we have so much remote control we are feeling more confident about outsourcing more servers.

Related posts from TheWhir.com
Title Type Date Posted
Service Providers Push Updates to Fight OpenSSL Heartbleed Bug Web Hosting News 2014-04-08 16:58:05
Wrapping Up the SoftLayer Valuation Blog 2013-11-11 09:53:10
IBM Closes Acquisition of SoftLayer Technologies Web Hosting News 2013-07-08 10:22:47
Web Host SoftLayer Launches Citrix CloudPlatform-Powered Private Clouds Web Hosting News 2012-06-12 13:53:34
Web Host SoftLayer to Retire CloudLayer Cloud Storage Solution Web Hosting News 2012-06-07 17:16:31