Basic question on Domain names

Does it matter who I get a domain name through? I mean, my site is going to be on a server which is run by a host, right? (can you tell I'm new at this?) So can the company I get my domain name registered by place advertising on my site? Is there a reason to be picky when choosing who registers your domain name, or should I just go for the cheapest price without regard to company?

This would go better in the domain names forum

But it really doesn't matter who you purchase the domain through as long as you can update your nameservers.

Choosing a register isn’t much of a big deal. Cheap is nice, but if your going cheap, go with a big company, such as or From experience with these registers. Their support is adequate to the needs of their customers. I wouldn’t expect a reply from a question within 20 minutes, but why do you need that much support. All you need is to change your namserver and that’s it.

Don’t matter,

Suggestions:, Cheap, Fast, Reliable,

AIM: Chris24HS
    24 Host, Coming Soon….

Thanks!! I was already planning on "GoDaddy", your suggestion makes me feel even better about it Thanks for the help, sorry for the improper post location =)