How do I handle POP3 hosting?

Some days, I realize just how much I still have to learn about this business...

Today I got an enquiry asking:

Will you host a pop3 server first, with an eye to full web hosting of further domains in the future?

I have absolutely no idea how to reply to this. I've never thought about email hosting, and I do not have any prices for it either. Do any of you provide this? Is it worth it for me to do it as well? Any advice on this?

Thanks for your input.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

pop3 hosting isent rocket science. If you want suggestions, I say go for qmail+vpopmail+qmailadmin+mysql

Otherwise, all it is doing is using a current data base of user information, then use a pop3 deamon to do the checking. Thats sortive the most basic way to explain it. But I, along with others, have had success with the setup above. With decent knowlage, you should having it working in a day, minus a bug or two. Check freshmeat for versions and websites of software above.
    Chicago Electronic Cigarettes: Tobacco Free, Smoke Free. 3 E-Cig Models, 11 flavors, and accessories.
    http://www.chicago-ecigs.com

I guess I should have mentioned I do not administer my own server. I am a reseller. Doesn't sound as if I can take your advice, as I do not have root access, right?

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

If you're the kind of reseller that can create his own packages just create one with all of the web hosting features disabled. Then just use that as your POP3 email hosting package.

Re: How do I handle POP3 hosting?

Originally posted by vito
    I have absolutely no idea how to reply to this.
    I would simply say "yes - how many do you want and what size?

hornsmoker -