moving Resold accounts by Reseller

How to move Resold accounts from one Reseller account (provider A) to another Reseller Account (provider B)

Both are on WHM/Cpanel?

It would be also beneficial if some inputs of WHM to Plesk/H-Sphere/.... transfer information is available.

Thanks

Re: moving Resold accounts by Reseller

Originally posted by mk123
    How to move Resold accounts from one Reseller account (provider A) to another Reseller Account (provider B)

Both are on WHM/Cpanel?
    This can be done through Provider B's root WHM (under 'Transfers') You'll need the root pw for both the servers though--- ask your host to do the transfer for you.

yeah ... but the Resellers normally don't have Root access.

And Provider A may not be willing to do this to Provider B's server (competitor/ whatever)

Any tools, tips, tricks?

You can tar up the reseller's home directory and his sub accounts seperately and move them via ssh.

The new server will need to asign the accounts to the reseller on the new box.
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

Originally posted by mk123
    Any tools, tips, tricks?
    Just had a question on this from a client, so i'll copy/paste the answer here

Do you have ssh access to both servers? You could use scp. Log into the server where you wish to move the files from and then:

cd /home/olduser
    scp public_html/ newuser@newserver.com:/home/newuser
    Replace public_html/ with any files or folders you want to move
    Marc Wyss - marc@mchost.com
    MCHost Inc - Experts in Private Label Reseller Plans
    http://www.mchost.com

[CAUTION]: If any of the resold accounts are using the Interchange Shopping Cart, you may have a problem transferring those accounts, regardless of which method you use.

I've tried transferring an Interchange enabled site with the help of my hosting provider. The entire site was transferred, as expected, including the Interchange Shopping Cart (even the catalogs directory outside the public_html). The cart didn't work when an attempt was made to access it. "Page not found", even though a physical examination of the site revealed the page to be there. [/CAUTION]
    Mothers of the world unite! Spank your sons and make them quit fighting...

ok i searched for more help and i found online manual for scp.
    http://www.stat.duke.edu/~sto/security/scp_man.html

Since both places Cpanel is used:
    How the old POP emails will be recovered or no chance of recovery? I create all the emailids on the new server and then transfer through scp. So will the newserver emailbox will contain all the old emails?

Thanks

I've tried transferring an Interchange enabled site with the help of my hosting provider. The entire site was transferred, as expected, including the Interchange Shopping Cart (even the catalogs directory outside the public_html). The cart didn't work when an attempt was made to access it. "Page not found", even though a physical examination of the site revealed the page to be there.
    What you do, is first install the Interchange cart via cpanel on the server you are moving to - Then transfer the files - Then you may need your host to run /scripts/fixinterchange or /scripts/fixinterchangeperm if you don't have root access.
    I've always found that to work well when helping transfer sites over that use interchange.

To Dotcomsnz... thanks for that info... I'll pass that on to my hosting provider to see if it would have made a difference...
    What you do, is first install the Interchange cart via cpanel on the server you are moving to - Then transfer the files -
    ... this we did.
    Then you may need your host to run /scripts/fixinterchange or /scripts/fixinterchangeperm if you don't have root access.
    This I'm not sure we did, since I don't have root access... I'll pass this on, and find out...
    Mothers of the world unite! Spank your sons and make them quit fighting...